DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Bought a Zeeltronic last July and finally installed it with that ugly front cover (see post 841), - and a speedy spr. lightened t/l f/w- in a friends ski. It certainly brought it to life!
Spools up nicely- f/w= 2lbs, 7oz. I left Watty's preinstalled curve alone- got some experience with that on my ATP Epics which are still working after more than a decade....
I've (sort of) read all preceding posts- but really not seen positive or negative comments on the Zeel (Watty excepted). Are there only 3 others using the Zeel in this country?

Please, don't let this post die down- I like things that work!
There are many of them running in the US. I am on my second year with one of the original units in my surf ski.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I think they are doing one for both. I have my triple almost ready to go together and I will be then having it sorted for the 1100 triple. The 750 is an easy one to work out. I have not done it yet but a few guys have. I will then ask Zeeltronic to make a plug and play system for the 750. As far the front cover Thats so ugly we have something in mind for that. I have done one but I was not happy with it. Im also working on a lightweight flywheel system as well

I got my Zeeltronics order and there’s a note saying to run resister plugs and caps. What are you guys running? I currently have B7HS plugs and the factory 760 plug boots.

davidescu_radu

sea riders
Bought a Zeeltronic last July and finally installed it with that ugly front cover (see post 841), - and a speedy spr. lightened t/l f/w- in a friends ski. It certainly brought it to life!
Spools up nicely- f/w= 2lbs, 7oz. I left Watty's preinstalled curve alone- got some experience with that on my ATP Epics which are still working after more than a decade....
I've (sort of) read all preceding posts- but really not seen positive or negative comments on the Zeel (Watty excepted). Are there only 3 others using the Zeel in this country?

Please, don't let this post die down- I like things that work!
Have 2 units - one on my rickter (replaced the MSD enhancer - and is better- total loss like ) and one on a 760 blaster2

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
For anyone who is curious, I ordered:
2) PDCIS-02T
2) extension cables
1) USB programming cable
With shipping, PayPal fees and exchange rate fees. It came to $535 usd. Took about 2 weeks to ship and a week to get here.

Did you just contact Zeel through the website email link?

Sean

Exactly. Send an email telling him what you want and all your info. I used Papal so he sent me an invoice. Paypal takes care of the exchange rate and adds a fee. Simple process, delivery is signature required.
Mine is up and running with a 760 ebox/stator/flywheel cover, TL GP800 flywheel and Wax tune.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Exactly. Send an email telling him what you want and all your info. I used Papal so he sent me an invoice. Paypal takes care of the exchange rate and adds a fee. Simple process, delivery is signature required.
Mine is up and running with a 760 ebox/stator/flywheel cover, TL GP800 flywheel and Wax tune.
Thats awesome. How easy of a setup are these things

Went for first start yesterday and did not go well. I hooked everything up appropriately.

Turned over fine.
Two really big back fires.
Finally fired. Seemed to run ok. Turned off and then restarted. Ran about 10 seconds then died. Then would not restart. Diagnosed no spark.
Swapped out oem cdi and ski fired right up.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Seems like a bad unit to me. I emailed Borut but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Went for first start yesterday and did not go well. I hooked everything up appropriately.

Turned over fine.
Two really big back fires.
Finally fired. Seemed to run ok. Turned off and then restarted. Ran about 10 seconds then died. Then would not restart. Diagnosed no spark.
Swapped out oem cdi and ski fired right up.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Seems like a bad unit to me. I emailed Borut but haven’t heard anything back yet.
What motor did you install it on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom