DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I am running the wax curve now with 170psi compression. Thinking about increasing the curve some. We have 91 octane here.

I'm curious if there is much to gain by bumping the timing. I have the wax curve with only 154psi compression. Bumping my compression is probably the bigger opportunity for me. I only have 91 as well.

More compression and more timing if you want the most out of your motor.

I run 93 octane on 32 degrees advance with about 230 psi compression. But that’s just me.... don’t take that was a recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
Honestly I'd ask your engine builder what they recommend. Depending on your compression, porting, pipe, pump load, etc a curve might not be right for everyone. It's never fun when you toast a motor because you were trying to squeeze every ounce out of a pump gas setup.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
The curve I wrote will work fine on pump gas. I made it like that on purpose. Its a pretty tough curve you can change it if you like but i dont really see the need to

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I got to play with my first Zeeltronics unit today thanks to ScottS and Sanoman and it was everything I expected. Nice strong spark, dead simple to connect and even easier to connect to and program.

We sacrificed a Stator cover to the milling machine gods and carved out a window to view the timing marks, then played around with some MSD timing strips before we got things dialed in. We were able to successfully map out the Wax curve so I am confident that the test rig is accurate, or at least within half a degree anyways.

Now, why is that important you ask? Well, because the second thing we did today was to swap in a stock 64X CDI and map out it's curve.
I can't count how many times I have been asked to do this but I can finally report, the deed is done and results will be posted once I get a chance to sit down and enter them into a curve.

ab06c8c7338334c48423fe0e8dc16112.jpg

f974fc26a5ccb7a75ac84203b3bdb9d8.jpg

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I got to play with my first Zeeltronics unit today thanks to ScottS and Sanoman and it was everything I expected. Nice strong spark, dead simple to connect and even easier to connect to and program.

We sacrificed a Stator cover to the milling machine gods and carved out a window to view the timing marks, then played around with some MSD timing strips before we got things dialed in. We were able to successfully map out the Wax curve so I am confident that the test rig is accurate, or at least within half a degree anyways.

Now, why is that important you ask? Well, because the second thing we did today was to swap in a stock 64X CDI and map out it's curve.
I can't count how many times I have been asked to do this but I can finally report, the deed is done and results will be posted once I get a chance to sit down and enter them into a curve.

ab06c8c7338334c48423fe0e8dc16112.jpg

f974fc26a5ccb7a75ac84203b3bdb9d8.jpg
Thats awesome, Im very interested in seeing what you get for the 760 curve

Put me down as another person very interested in seeing the 760 oem curve, I'm amused because I feel like the value of a used 760 oem cdi is about to bump up or down a bit. I selfishly hope they have a decent curve because I want to steal one of my zeeltronic units from a Yamaha to put on a 750 kawi.

Last edited:
on the third lump.. you could swap plug wires around and make your front cylinder have the retarded timing ? I thought they were a wasted spark system and they (OEM) fired even not on a power stroke.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
With out the third lump.
You need to take the 3rd lump off at this stage to make it work. I did draw a flywheel and send the drawing to Borut so he can change it so you dont need to remove the lump. you can just switch it between 2 and 3. im not sure where he got to on that

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Is that curve with or without the third lump?

When we first mapped the 64X CDI, we recorded a flat curve of 12deg. I was about to post my results with some questions when I remembered the third lump. I dug up another flywheel that still had the lump and was able to record the posted curve.

The OEM CDI has to see that third lump to function correctly.

Last edited:

Rowdogg50

Rowdogg50
Top Bottom