Custom/Hybrid EME Q8/Aerial 8/Micro/Roid discussion thread

I've seen that one out on the river in Parker, AZ. There was a rumor going around that he had swindled someone out of money or parts. I don't know if that ever got resolved. I hope it did.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

The parts was a damn waterbox I said I’d throw in on a post here but I sold it before he bought it . Someway somehow he wanted like that a exhaust hose gas tank it was a huuuge mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
The parts was a damn waterbox I said I’d throw in on a post here but I sold it before he bought it . Someway somehow he wanted like that a exhaust hose gas tank it was a huuuge mess

Glad it all worked out, sounds like a nightmare on all that!

Hi, what do people use for the steering cable for the Ariel 8, used a Superjet cable but was long and not a good fit-t failed after a couple of sessions, thanks Dom

Thanks I have an SXR cable but it is a lot longer than the Superjet that was too long,how do you loose the excess cable, thanks Dom

Need some help. I'm looking at a '11 Q8 with a xscream mid length pole on it. I had a chan with a comp pole last year and absolutely hated it, rode extremely nose high and wasn't comfortable to ride at all. Currently riding a superjet with a xscream pole on it, but I"m looking for something lighter and more playful. I'm looking for a ski to chase boats with and ride lake MI surf. I'm 6'2" and 230lbs. Would this ski be a good match?

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
They Ride nose High unless you buy the extended ride plate.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I disagree, the q8 doesn't ride nose high at all even with ride plate cut flush. I loved mine in small surf. Cody check out my YouTube channel n3vrsat1sfied. I should have some old videos of my q8 in the surf.

As far as pole not sure I ran rrps on all mine

What's the general consensus on the extensions to run the Yamaha pumps in these hulls?
I think there is a few build threads on here of the q8's with all Yamaha drive train. I had one but ran all Kawi stuff. Not a bad riding hull, was good all around. Did you end up buying the 11?

I too didn't experience nose high issues on my q8. It was great for chasing boats. The extensions for the Yamaha pump were a joke, I ended up glassing in inserts while the tray was apart.

EME guys looking for opinions on a new EME Roid would be used mostly for small surf as well as chasing boat wakes thinking of selling my aerial 8 and going this route

Top Bottom