Factory (Limited) Pipe Worth It?

Tell me why spending 749.99 on a factory pipe for my 2017 SJ is worth it..

I am trying to sell myself on it and having a difficult time finding examples of the benefits.

Thanks
do you even know how to ride the ski yet? and I don't mean just get on it and go straight. there is no need putting performance go fast parts on a ski until you can handle the power it has. factory B pipe is the only 701 pipe still made, but it wasn't the preferred performance pipe back when other companies and factory made other pipes. if you think you need more power, then a pipe is the best bang for your buck. its not going to make you a better rider

I get it... just disappointing given all that... no one has ever published actual data instead we have feelings.

Been riding and building skis most my life... Never really put much thought regarding numbers or data provided by testing. The true test of an upgrade by any rider will be realized when you pilot the ski.. That is where the true effect is measured. Don't think many would care much what the torque or HP numbers are if the power delivery and performance is not put to the water effectively. Fact is, the FP B Pipe when properly tuned for any specific application delivers a linear and extremely usable power band.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
I get it... just disappointing given all that... no one has ever published actual data instead we have feelings.
Welcome to my world. No, seriously. Search my name for a thread in general about dyno's. It was epic and long with many people arguing about why we don't have dyno's for watercraft.

CHRISRACERX

Get Wet
I’ve done lots of mods on gpr’s, sho’s n fzr’s. In the sit down world you use to spend a $500-1000 easily to gain a mph. So $799 isn’t bad for gaining 4 mph. Who cares about the dyno numbers. It’s proven by many people that there’s much noticeable power. I’ve only ridden stocker SJ’s but I had a Kawi 750SX with a AM Cauffman exhaust and resonator and it blew the doors of the brand new sxi 750’s that were on the showroom floor in my dealership days.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter

FPP did the design work on this pipe around 20 years ago. Back then they did publish dyno curves.
But all that was popular back then was racing, So that was the target audiance. Top speed was king.
Since then, those of us who know Ross, basicly keep begging him to keep producing these pipes.
I would highly doubt they would put in the effort to do bottom end testing?

All that being said, I prefer the Limited chamber for bottom end performance on my motor packages.
The higher volume chamber is the key to low rpm power delivery. The correct water injection parameters
Make this chamber work that much better.

Ski ya, Paul

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
per tim tynan at TNT

on a stock 701 a bpipe adds 15 horsepower over a stock exhaust and a tnt pipe adds 21 hp.

he has a dyno

The TnT B1 center bleed chamber is considerably better than the Mod or Limited FPP chambers.
Tim’s numbers are legit. But the thing he didnt know then, was just how well they would work on
Todays performance motors for freestyle. The bottom end is amazing!

Ski ya, Paul

SuperHumanJetski

keep it simple
The TnT B1 center bleed chamber is considerably better than the Mod or Limited FPP chambers.
Tim’s numbers are legit. But the thing he didnt know then, was just how well they would work on
Todays performance motors for freestyle. The bottom end is amazing!

Ski ya, Paul
I was talking about the tnt laydown pipes v2 and v3 but yes i agree with you.

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
I thought the point of an exhaust was for sound. . .

Does anyone have before and after numbers of their own from installing a pipe? I've heard of companies stretching the truth for performance parts.

Top Bottom