I'm back- NJ/ Philly area riders?

skysurfer2010

SUR 24
Been about 10 years since I sold my last and favorite ski... my SJ. I'm going to be picking up a superjet this weekend and looking for some familiar faces or new peeps to ride with. Who's still around from years ago?

Still unsure where I'm going to keep it. I live in Philly and keep my yamaha 242 limited S boat with a wakeboard tower at Penns Landing. Not sure if I'm gonna throw a dock next to the boat and keep it there or if I'm gonna store it at a friends house and trailer it around. Prob the latter. If so riding spots will prob be the Deleware River (Croydan and Bulls Island) and the Jersey shore.

Use to ride with a large group years ago. Where's everyone at these days??

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey Buddy! Glad to hear your back!
Hit up Pete Frome, just finished a motor for him, he also joined us in Tona last weekend! He is getting back into it in a big way!
Sounds like Bulls Island is still the place to be!

Ski Ya, Paul

I used to ride out of Croydon years ago, but now I usually use the Falls Twp. boat ramp a little north of there. It's right near the William Penn house on the river. (adjacent to the Penn Warner "private" lakes if your familiar with them,..but unfortunately no more riding PW ever since sit down's were invented!)
Anyway, if you're willing to drive to Croydon and Bulls Island, Falls Twp ramp is between the 2 -- but A LOT closer to Croydon,....and obviously you.
I've never been to Bulls Island but here great things about it as well as having a somewhat regular stand up crew. But I just can't get myself to do the 35-45 minute drive when I live 5 minutes from Falls and 15 minutes from Neshaminy (Croydon). There is always the Trenton, NJ ramp also and a quick 5 minute ride south to Bordentown and there is a nice buoy course set up there. (At least there was back in 97-99 when I used to ride there,...no clue if it's still there or not, .. although if it is it is probably still not a far ride from Falls Twp ramp as well)
Either way definitely hit me up this summer, I'd definitely be interested in ripping around with you.

skysurfer2010

SUR 24
Sweet man! I live in the city with no storage so I'm going to be storing my ski at a friends house close to Croydan. I love that area on the river. Lots of heavy boat wakes and a sandy and free ramp there to launch. Never been to Falls township ramp but always willing to check out new ramps. Very familiar with Trenton and Burlington ramps.

Bulls Island is worth the drive in my experience. Gonna take me prob well over an hour to get there. But it feels somewhat private there. At least it did when I rode there regularly 10 years ago. And always lots of stand up riders. The views are very beautiful. Much different from the Trenton makes bridge south.

It's also where I rode my first stand up and switched from couches! So good memories!

skysurfer2010

SUR 24
a lot of guys do corson's inlet off jersey shore. Best spot for surf in the area.

Always has been the spot for surf riding! I never got down there years ago since my skis were stored in Central Jersey. Since I'm more south now maybe I'll swing by some time for some surf riding. Whenever I felt the itch for surf I would use the LBI ramp behind Barnegat years ago.

Top Bottom