Let's see that 701 Industries Blaster Bling!

While waiting for my latest order to come in, I figured a thread to show off the Bling was in order.

One of the hardest things to decide on when I was ordering my parts from 701 Industries was choosing from the color combinations to match the ski just right. Having a thread full of various Ski color and part color combinations would be nice to get ideas for anyone looking to start their build or revamp a current build.

I will start off!

White Ski, Off White Surf Rocker, Mirror Transom Plate, Red Surf Plugs and Red Surf Wedge:

Kurtis

Thanks! You will love the rocker. Every time I go out and put more time on the rocker, it really shows it's worth more and more. I have not decided what to do on the seat yet. There are times when we ride a good distance across the bay, and having a seat to sit on for the ride is nice, however the factory seat makes mounting more difficult. I have thought about trying to find another seat to cut down and just have 2 seats depending on my riding that day, but Dave from 701 has mentioned that he is working on a new seat design so I am trying to wait to see it before I make up my mind on what to do. No matter which seat, I plan on running HT black suede material. I have it on a Raider seat that I did, and it is nice and grippy without rubbing bare skin raw. My New turf and Seat will be in the works soon though hopefully as the ski needs both.

I hope some of the others post in here as having a nice database of pictures to get ideas from would be nice to have.

Kurtis

e7era5eb.jpg
I only have the drains, hood hinge, and hood kit. Haven't put the hinge on yet but when I opened it, it's quite stiff which is a good thing. The hood kit and drains work great though

Sent from my Galaxy s4

I have the hood kit and hinge on mine, and it makes a huge difference in hood movement when opened and closed. It really locks the hood down. The Surf plugs work great to evacuate any water and also seal up nice when stopped.

Kurtis

I actually agree the factory seat is nice for riding out of the marina out here too and actually I never really found it to be a hinderance deep water side mounting or anything but that just me. I do want to do a hand hold design eventually though. It is in the R&D stage. Sometimes I hang up a little on the factory seat doing can cans and such but its not too bad.

Sick blaster myusername201! I am debating the plugs for my next order as well.

e7era5eb.jpg
I only have the drains, hood hinge, and hood kit. Haven't put the hinge on yet but when I opened it, it's quite stiff which is a good thing. The hood kit and drains work great though

Sent from my Galaxy s4
Your ski looks super clean. I could see some serious surf mods going on to it over time. This ski I have done a ground up rebuild for a customer adrian b1 -1.jpg with all the surf mods. Nearly finished, just waiting on a few more decals.

At the rear, it got a Carbon wrapped Transom Plate to stiffen up the rear, a Surf Wedge to deflect water pressure from under the bond line, a rear exhaust with a coloured gasket to not only make it sound good, but to keep the pump area nice and clean. Ofcourse it got the Surf plugs to keep the engine bay as dry as possible, and a D-CUT ride plate which is a must for freeride. IMOadrian b1-3.jpg

In the cockpit area, it had the Surf straps fitted, the seat was dropped 4 inches and shortened up by 6 inches. The old steering was removed and dumped in a bin and a Suspension QuickSteer fitted along with a set of Mega-Fat bars and loc -on grips. The Ultimate bilge switch kit was also fitted the stop/start switch. Once you straddle the modded seat and grab those bars, it allows you to have a straighter stance and way more room to move around. Remounting ski is now not a issue from either side or rear.
adrian b1-4-1.jpg

Up front, it got what I believe and backed up by anyone that has fitted one, a game changing surf mod. Nothing makes a huge surf riding change than the Surf Rocker. Put away that grinder and forget about the itch, this Surf Rocker is a 30 minute fit up. These are simple to fit, I have fitted some to blasters on the beach. Had a burger and a coke while the Marine sealant dried, and then game on.
adrian b1 -8.jpg

The motor was fully rebuilt, a set of 2stage reeds were added,. The motor is held in place with the new GEN 4 mounts [larger than a couch mount] , a set of MotorMates to keep the motor from over stressing the mounts in under or over rotations, and a set of Surf Boxes to keep the water out of the carbs. Only things to be fitted now apart from some decals on the hull, is the Hood Seal and a Hood Strut kit. Once done, this is a fully surf freeriding beast. Cant get better than that out of a stock hull.
adrian b1-7 motor bay.jpg

Wowzers! That bad boy is niiice! That color combo goes good together. My next mod is gonna be seat. Just don't have $300 to drop on one at this moment. Also, I like that surf wedge. The steering I'd really like but again that's outta my budget right now. But hats off to ya on such a clean build! The customer will be stoked when he gets it for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy s4

Dave that is a fantastic looking Blaster. I like the orange with the black. looks great. I happen to love the pipe and water box combo as well. It happens to be what I am riding on as well and sounds fantastic especially with your rear exhaust setup.

myusername, the Surf wedge is very functional when landing hard on the tail. It really helps force the water away from the bond rail to keep it from cracking, and it works. Do the rear as a full kit though because the transom plate works very well to keep the transom from cracking, and the surf plugs help evacuate water from the hull. Stay tuned for a video on the QS and QS-Suspension, I am currently installing my QS-Suspension.

Kurtis

Dave that is a fantastic looking Blaster. I like the orange with the black. looks great. I happen to love the pipe and water box combo as well. It happens to be what I am riding on as well and sounds fantastic especially with your rear exhaust setup.

myusername, the Surf wedge is very functional when landing hard on the tail. It really helps force the water away from the bond rail to keep it from cracking, and it works. Do the rear as a full kit though because the transom plate works very well to keep the transom from cracking, and the surf plugs help evacuate water from the hull. Stay tuned for a video on the QS and QS-Suspension, I am currently installing my QS-Suspension.

Kurtis
I have the surf plugs already. They work great. I already have the rear exhaust on the right side so im not sure about the transom plate. The surf wedge is also on my blaster bucket list!

Sent from my Galaxy s4

You can still run the transom plate, but you would have to order one without the exhaust hole, and the measure out and cut the hole in it and then pull the exhaust to install the plate and then reinstall the exhaust. Can be done, but just requires a little more work.

Kurtis

You can still run the transom plate, but you would have to order one without the exhaust hole, and the measure out and cut the hole in it and then pull the exhaust to install the plate and then reinstall the exhaust. Can be done, but just requires a little more work.

Kurtis
Yeh I already thought about that. About the only option I've got if I go that route.

Sent from my Galaxy s4

Kurtis
Ha Kurtis, good info . The ski in the build is actually a Ford Gun Metal grey. Its a beautiful colour that's for sure. Im going to do one of my own same colour, but in hot pink bits. Its going to really pop.
daves pink bits xh2o.jpg

player1

Player1
I have ridden plenty of skis now, and all i can say is that 701 industries has brought out everything you need to match the performance of a rocker'd ski. When everyone gave up on us blaster riders, Dave appeared out of the blue and help bring these beasts back to life...

I had the absolute luck to be given 1st go on this New Zealand guys ski before he did (after being loaded up on 701). Normally i dread a stock ski, this thing was sick. Steering, rocker nose, rear end and my new favourite, the surf straps....

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 6.25.56 pm.png

Can't wait for my straps to make it here. Looks like the US Postal Service might have lost another package.

The postal service sucks wish i had gotten all the stuff i ordered but opted to cancel my order after waiting 3+ weeks

Top Bottom