Lost my buddy today

Got a call from my neigbor that the meter reader guy found my dog lying on the side of the road. Ran to her house and took her to vet immediately. Vet tells me she has been attacked by an animal (most likely a coyote around here) i had to pace the parking lot caus they wont allow anybody inside right now due to covid 19. vet calls me and says she thinks she has a chance with a drain some stitches and iv antibiotics. So I said go for it. This girl deserves a shot. Went to get her that evening, was gonna take her home overnight and bring her back since they dont have an overnight vet there, as vet is going over the discharge instructions, Layla got really antsy and then just stopped breathing right there in my hands. Man it crushed me. Vet grabbed stethoscope, told me she had no heart beat which I already knew as I was checking her pulse. My buddy left me after almost 14 years together. Heres to you Layla, best damn dog around.

Sounds like she had 14 years with someone who truly loved her. I know it hurts. She was lucky to have someone who loved her.

They give us everything they have, don't they? My dog is my best friend, goes with me everywhere, I'd be crushed right now. I'm glad you got 14 amazing years, and I hope you find some peace.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It absolutely broke my heart to read this. I've been lucky to have wonderful pets over the years and I've learned that they're the ones that are always there for you, through everything, no matter what...........the definition of 100% loyalty and unconditional love. Again, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your pain subsides.

Shes been a good dog, thanks yall. Even worse than how I feel, I feel for my other pup. They have been together since they were 8 weeks old. He has taken it pretty hard, but yesterday and today doin better. Hes lost his bestie even more than me. Amazing how attached we become to our pets, I deal with death and dying all day long at work and dont feel it at all but my dog dies and I fell apart. Thanks for istening had to get it off my chest.

I hate this. I lost Jet a few years ago and Yamaha is going any day I imagine.....both named at first Daytona free ride. I friggin LOVE dogs so much man....

We have to start watching the coyotes around here too lately...

headshock

still doin it
Sorry for your loss. I can relate since we just lost our 4 legged child in January after 14 years of nothing but awesomeness. Were not ready yet but are hoping to get another family member in July.

headshock

still doin it
This is the silver lining. You know going in that it'll be hard when they pass, but as long as you've got love to give, there's another buddy out there willing to be yours. It's better to have loved and lost than have never loved, right?

The pain is worth all of the joy they give.

The pain is worth the love they give for sure . I know we have all been in this spot before, some of us have experienced far more serious losses than a pet but man I really appreciate all the thoughts and nice words. I havent had a ski in 7 years but always loved this forum and the way yall always support each other. Couldnt imagine a better internet family.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Over the past month our oldest has been having health issues. Stopped eating, got really weak, no balance. Already has issues where her signals from brain to muscle not working, legs slide out all the time, Went to vet thinking this was it, but he said no, put on meds, this last week she started doing poorly, throwing up, runny poops. Took her back, got meds (was expecting the worse), she bounced back. I know our time is running out, She is 16 or 17 now.... This will be #3 for us to go. Been there before. The pain is real. So sorry Mark, She has had so many wonderful years filled with love. Hang in there. When the time is right, there is going to be another furrbaby ready to give you more love and happiness.

Top Bottom