Mountain Bike ?

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...subdeptNum=7&classNum=10887&cid=E080911ROWSth

9520438.jpg

Metal4130

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Groove
Ive been working in my local bike shop for like 4 years now and all of the 09 bike prices shot way up. No body has mentioned it but look at Jamis bikes. They really give you a lot for the money. I own a 2007 dakar xam fs and it has served me pretty well. I went mtbing in Marquette Michigan and took it off quite a few 10 plus feet drops and everything held up real nice. You are better off spending a little bit more up front. Seems like an all mountin bike might be what you would want. although I have Shimano components, for a mtb, SRAM is the way to go. Also, the margins on these bikes is usually 40+ percent so you can do a little haggling.

P

PancakePete

Im still shopping, Its the wifes B-day week so I am going to wait a week or two because its her time to get stuff.. LOL:party:

FxOne

FxI
astrix huckster 8" rear travel 7" front travel. i rode this downhill rig in a XC race. 2x heavier than my hardtail but shaved about 10 minutes of my time. Don't worry about getting "more" than you need, get the bike that you want to have and its always better to have more travel than not enough.

Attachments

• huckster.jpg
    huckster.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 34
  • raceday.jpg
    raceday.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 34

Big Kahuna

Administrator
astrix huckster 8" rear travel 7" front travel. i rode this downhill rig in a XC race. 2x heavier than my hardtail but shaved about 10 minutes of my time. Don't worry about getting "more" than you need, get the bike that you want to have and its always better to have more travel than not enough.

do you own a XC mountain bike also?

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I went and rode Oak Mtn yesterday and it dam near killed me. 16.something miles is a loooong way w/u have never been on a Mtn bike.
Thank GOD for suspension and hydraulic brakes.

P

PancakePete

hey Pete, you still looking???

Nah dude... Big layoffs in both kels company and mine... just thankful i have a job this month.

praying that it does not get worse.. :censored:

thank you for asking.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I am in the market for an affordable yet relatively sturdy dual suspension...I need to pick one up for around $500..$700 at the most. I was eyeing a Kona frame and was thinking about building my own- anyone have a brand they can recommend? I'm not gonna use it to drop off 7-8 footers- just want something that will handle some FLorida technicals and some light jumps. Mongoose makes some pretty inexpensive DS's, but I am not too sure about the quality- especially since Wal Mart is selling Mongoose bikes now.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I saw an 2-3 year old Motobecane FS at a shop by me and it looked real nice. I would say compare it to a Rocky Mountain without the nice paint and maple leaves. The Motobecanes are super cheap for the Components they come with. Most All of the mainstream bikes are built in China by Kinesis any way so why not save some coin. Some of their bikes I don't think you could buy the components for the price they are selling for.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I am in the market for an affordable yet relatively sturdy dual suspension...I need to pick one up for around $500..$700 at the most. I was eyeing a Kona frame and was thinking about building my own- anyone have a brand they can recommend? I'm not gonna use it to drop off 7-8 footers- just want something that will handle some FLorida technicals and some light jumps. Mongoose makes some pretty inexpensive DS's, but I am not too sure about the quality- especially since Wal Mart is selling Mongoose bikes now.

Building can get expensive. Like building a SJ from a hull and getting the parts. Look at a Giant Yukon FS, they can be had for about $900.00. It is actually a good bike, great balance of parts........

Also look at ebay.........

Another thing, you can get more bike for your money if you get a hardtail.......

Big Kahuna

Administrator
as far as Mongoose goes, it depends on which frame you get, they have the ones that WM sells (Junk) and they also have their upper end stuff, which is not so bad.........

IBEX and Motobecane can be had with good parts. I do not know about the frames or how much R&D went into the designs. I would be kinda of leary without test riding.

Top Bottom