New Engine

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
He's referring to TPE because of rounded wall for port flow. Obviously it is cast aluminum from seeing that. TPE copied standard snow mobile engine tech for that so it's not proprietary. The interesting thing is where the carb intake is on the cylinder instead of cases. Krash/Kavinci doesn't have a stellar record on new products though so the first customers will have to be brave or naive.

He's referring to TPE because of rounded wall for port flow. Obviously it is cast aluminum from seeing that. TPE copied standard snow mobile engine tech for that so it's not proprietary. The interesting thing is where the carb intake is on the cylinder instead of cases. Krash hasn't doesn't have a stellar record on new products though so the first customers will have to be brave or niave.

Of course he his, but try to find a cylinder that isn't a billet ski motor that doesn't have big transfer bulges.

x2mafia

Maximum effort
Looks like a 550 reed cylinder. Every modern 2stroke is case inducted these days except yard equipment.

So many things I want to say right now.....

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Looks like a 550 reed cylinder. Every modern 2stroke is case inducted these days except yard equipment.

Motocross engines?

6000000004.jpg

Last edited:

When you want to bash a product before it is even seen you are not helping the sport. We all get it, your not happy with some things you have purchased, get over yourself........

Don't buy one and move on with your life

x2mafia

Maximum effort
I think most Modern motocross bikes are case inducted @yamanube

@Little_Franny get over it dude I technically only made an observation. If you want me to talk some crap I will. Why don't you call everyone else out in this thread that said somthing negative.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I think most Modern motocross bikes are case inducted @yamanube

@Little_Franny get over it dude I technically only made an observation. If you want me to talk some crap I will. Why don't you call everyone else out in this thread that said somthing negative.
Seeing the way the cylinder is bulged for the transfers on that KV motor, I would say the intake charge comes in from cylinder, down into the cases and up the transfers just like an MX bike.

yz250-325-big-bore-KIT-4.jpg

x2mafia

Maximum effort
IMG_4868.PNG

@yamanube this is what's coming in the newer Ktm and huskys But I stand corrected, your right some are cylinder intake. I wonder what the port timing would be, usually bikes have extremely short Pistons

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Since we are sitting here speculating until KV gives us more info...here are some observations I made from their CAD model.
The cases appear to be completely custom, the starter location seems to be similar to a 66E like the TeamScream engines but the flywheel cover bolt pattern is completely different from both the 66E and 62T engines.
The exhaust port and manifold flange seem to be lower in respect to crank centerline, having no idea if this uses 62t cranks or 66e (or other?) it would seem that a custom manifold would be required to run the existing exhaust systems so as not to hit the bedplate/engine mounts and the exhaust port runner will have a much steeper angle.
The carb mounting location is much higher, the model looks odd in that area like the carb and manifold are one piece which I would assume is not the case, likely just lazy modeling BUT will standard height SBNs fit? Off the shelf flame arrestors definitely don't look like they will fit under the hood.

upload_2017-2-24_10-18-18.png

x2mafia

Maximum effort
it does look super cool. I know its just a rendering but it does look like the carb and manifold are one piece.

Top Bottom