Surfriding NEW - SURF SEAL - Superjet/Blaster hood seal!

Would like to put this on my fx1 LMK

I have not personally put one on the FX1 yet but if the hood has the same lip as the RN then it will work. The only difference might be the overall length. Probably a bit smaller?

It might require a small bit of modification like the SN but it's not a big deal.

If you can post up a picture of the underside of the hood I could probably tell you for sure.

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Very nice seal! Installed it on a SN and it went on perfectly. Pretty easy install too. Cut to length with dykes. Should be water testing it this weekend.

It didn't work out on the Superfreak Badass though. The hood lip is a bit wide (thick) and the gasket has issues forming around such a wide lip.

Very nice product for the RN and SN! Great price, very fast shipper, excellent communication as well.

Thanks for the sweet seals bro!!

Here's a few pics getting it on the SN hood. The process was easy. Rip out the old seal, clean the area where the old seal was, dremel the front corners of the hood a tad for the gasket, put a little silicone (rtv) on the hood lip and install. Trim the excess with a sharp pair of dykes and you're done. Pics will be in no particular order, not by choice, just the way they load. I'll post back ride results as soon as we get back and warmed up.

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3515.jpg
    IMG_3515.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3525.jpg
    IMG_3525.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 149

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Pics are kinda lame, but the seal worked perfect! No leaks! Very short ride though, as we had lack of spark issue in one cyl so only rode for about ten minutes. Water temp was 47 at the shore.

Attachments

• IMG_3571.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 128
I didn't read through all the thread but with the surf seal applied, do you still use the existing OEM seal on the ski?

Liquid Graffix -

I have a custom hull that I'd like to use this surf seal on, I've measured my hood perimeter and it's a hair shorter than a SJ hood - the only question I have, since mine is custom and has a different width seating area - what is the uncompressed width of the tubular seal portion on these? I need something like around 1/2, and need to make sure this will fit!

Thanks!

Top Bottom