Nor Cal Carpool?

Hmm, tempting. But my mother in law lives in Nipomo 15 minutes from the beach so I usually go there, take a shower, and sleep in a real bed.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it down anyway. But I'll check in here if I do.

BTW I've started cutting over from 5 to 101 on 152. It takes a little longer than 41/46 but the twisty part is shorter so it's easier with a trailer.

I was real lucky with my class schedule this quarter and don't have school on Thursday or Friday.......However, I understand most people will be at work so I'm thinking I would leave either Friday evening or very early Saturday morning. I plan to be back home sunday evening, probably catch the early morning surf, grab lunch and head out

One time I cut over to highway 33, then cut through the hills on parkplace grade road (something like that) over to 41/46......that was a drive hahaha

You guys are making me sad lol. WHat has to be done to your ski to be legit for surf?

Bilge pump, dielectric grease on electrical connectors and silicone lube, basically protect electrical connectors, salt water can be a nightmare. Limiting rope and hood straps prevent damage as well.

A little update from my end: I will be driving my truck down with a lance camper on the back and three place ski trailer (I could bring the 4 if we need it). I have seats for 3 in the truck plus you can ride in the camper and room for two more skis on the trailer.

I'm not certain on a departure time yet, thursday night at the earliest

My wife just informed me that I have a school fundraiser I have to go to on Friday night. Grrr. So I will probably head down late Friday night or early Saturday. I also have a truck with a Lance camper and an enclosed trailer. But I may just take the trailer and sleep at my mother in laws in Nipomo. I hate the idea of three of us driving down separately instead of carpooling and saving fuel money. I'll probably also bring my 13 year old son, his quad, and my dirt bike.

As far as getting your ski ready for the surf you don't really need to do anything. Especially your first time out. Likely you'll just stay near the shore where the waves have already broken and just get used to ocean riding. Looks like poor to fair surf conditions (which means fair to decent for jet skis IMO) and 4-6 foot waves, which usually means maximum and often smaller. Hood straps, bilge pumps, and limiting ropes are good insurance but not absolutely needed unless you are really going for it and take some good crashes. You just need to thoroughly flush the engine out / and wash the salt water off afterwards. If you don't have a flush kit installed you can ride in fresh water the next day. Wash down the engine, steering, etc. with soapy water the next day to get the salt off.

Top Bottom