Blaster Nose Rocker and tail cut mod

Almost done. Motor back in and running. Chrome work done. Just need to put the decals on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 417
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 413
All finished. Lots of late nights but I finally got there. Only got to ride it for 5 mins today on the flat water but it is awesome. Feels like I'm riding a xfs the way it flicks around and you can tell it just wants to flip.
Ill be giving it a good ride tomorrow and hopefully get it upside down so full ride report to follow soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 399

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Both skis look extremely cool Mardon! Love the green

ls that Crome vinyl you had applied on the skis or something else?

Today was my first ride in the surf. All I can say is WOW..
This thing is so fun. It really feels like a standup the way it handles and jumps. I've never attempted a backflip or barrel role before on a blaster but after the hull mods I felt confident to give it a go. I did a barrel role first and was amazed at how easy it rotated. I was able to roll of waves smaller than 1 metre in height. I then tried a backflip. My first 2 attempts I under rotated. I have no trim and only a 701 with a b-pipe so you really have to ramp the wave and hit it with some speed but it gets around super easy.
The only things I can pic on is because it is so short it makes it very hard to get height on your straight jumps as it just wants to flip. I found myself having to step in front of my foot straps trying to keep the nose down.
Such a fun ski ow and has helped me love blasters again.
Here's a video I made from todays ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
awwwww yeeeeeea! :barrel: so glad to see it getting a good workout! :highhorse: Proud to have him be the first Aussie to get my designs under scrutiny! :bigok:

The nose was redsigned to have a better longer transition with more extreme chines and more V to the keel. The longer transition allows for a much more similar rocker to an aftermarket standup and to help eliminate some of the plow effect. The slight V in the keel helps break through small chop a lot better than the flatter rockered noses that had more impact than deflection. :headbang: The lifting strakes have been exagerated in the nose a lot more to help hold the wave face when surfing it and hold turns a little more predictably than the prior nose design which slid around a little too much and too long once the ski was being slashed or slid.

The tail has had even more thought and concern with the redesign and has many reasons other than aesthetics. Blasters land tail heavy a lot more than stand ups and are more difficult to properly recover from a landing once they have been shortened. Obviously the benefits of shortening a blaster are well worth it, but many people hate how unstable they are at low speeds or getting back on easily in surf. With the top deck staying full length at the tray, it aids in the stability while trolling along slow and using it to level out the hull better than a straight cut off the back. Also it provides a normal sized tray area to climb up on with your knees etc. When on plane or jumping a wave, the full length of the top deck will never make contact with the water so its back to feeling short with super quick steering and the much increased abilty to flip around! The flat straight-cut rears often crack and fail due to such a large flat surface impacting upon every landing and eliminating the bond rails where the glue seamed the top and bottom deck together. More angles.... more strength. I also positioned the rear angles to create more self up-righting of the hull upon landing to correct how easily blasters want to topple over with the higher center of gravity. This is seen amongst most sit-down skis after the era of the wave blaster and was continued on many sit-downs thereafter. ( slight V seen in pic looking straight at the back...3rd pic)

Dave at 701 Industries is making exact fit exhaust outlets that are really trick as are all his top of the line Blaster goodies. Stock exhaust outlets will still work fine if you like it.

Two molds of the nose will be available, with or without the splash guard. Optional bolt on splash guard available too.

Will be flying back to the states :usa2: after Rip N Ride with molds in my luggage, so dust off your retired boring blasters and get the grinder out! Front and rear kits are direct fit that are no harder to install than footholds! Both come with a long picture filled step by step guide and templates to place on hull to show exactly where to cut. Also can do full installs on your ski if you just want it done hassle free and quick :)

nose rox.jpg
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

blasterdude

Waiting for the ice to thaw!!!!
awwwww yeeeeeea! :barrel: so glad to see it getting a good workout! :highhorse: Proud to have him be the first Aussie to get my designs under scrutiny! :bigok:

The nose was redsigned to have a better longer transition with more extreme chines and more V to the keel. The longer transition allows for a much more similar rocker to an aftermarket standup and to help eliminate some of the plow effect. The slight V in the keel helps break through small chop a lot better than the flatter rockered noses that had more impact than deflection. :headbang: The lifting strakes have been exagerated in the nose a lot more to help hold the wave face when surfing it and hold turns a little more predictably than the prior nose design which slid around a little too much and too long once the ski was being slashed or slid.

The tail has had even more thought and concern with the redesign and has many reasons other than aesthetics. Blasters land tail heavy a lot more than stand ups and are more difficult to properly recover from a landing once they have been shortened. Obviously the benefits of shortening a blaster are well worth it, but many people hate how unstable they are at low speeds or getting back on easily in surf. With the top deck staying full length at the tray, it aids in the stability while trolling along slow and using it to level out the hull better than a straight cut off the back. Also it provides a normal sized tray area to climb up on with your knees etc. When on plane or jumping a wave, the full length of the top deck will never make contact with the water so its back to feeling short with super quick steering and the much increased abilty to flip around! The flat straight-cut rears often crack and fail due to such a large flat surface impacting upon every landing and eliminating the bond rails where the glue seamed the top and bottom deck together. More angles.... more strength. I also positioned the rear angles to create more self up-righting of the hull upon landing to correct how easily blasters want to topple over with the higher center of gravity. This is seen amongst most sit-down skis after the era of the wave blaster and was continued on many sit-downs thereafter. ( slight V seen in pic looking straight at the back...3rd pic)

Dave at 701 Industries is making exact fit exhaust outlets that are really trick as are all his top of the line Blaster goodies. Stock exhaust outlets will still work fine if you like it.

Two molds of the nose will be available, with or without the splash guard. Optional bolt on splash guard available too.

Will be flying back to the states :usa2: after Rip N Ride with molds in my luggage, so dust off your retired boring blasters and get the grinder out! Front and rear kits are direct fit that are no harder to install than footholds! Both come with a long picture filled step by step guide and templates to place on hull to show exactly where to cut. Also can do full installs on your ski if you just want it done hassle free and quick :)

View attachment 230750
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

How much will the kits be?

Top Bottom