Octane head

Hey guys has anyone got a aftermarket head for a octane floating around? ... Would love a girdle head if possible.
I've got high compression domes in the standard head but just wanting things to look a little different after I finish the build. I'm probably 10 years too late in asking but who knows!

No need for a girdled head and I don't know that I've ever seen one, anyways. And typically, any after market head would use its own domes. Sounds like you're good with what you have.

Yeah I know I don't need one... But the difference between need and want drive us to do silly things with Jetskis haha.
I have a spare engine sitting round so it's becoming a little bit of a project engine. Build it up and then bolt her in!
I see in one of your posts speedy that you have a powerfactor head on yours? Looks like power valves too so must be different barrels? Would you recommend that mod? Or too costly for what you get out of it?

That's a 950 using aftermarket snowmobile cylinders.
Cylinders are $840 a piece, plus everything else and the case work needed... And yes, head comes from Power Factor.
http://thecrankshopvt.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=404
My other engine is an Octane bottom end that I'm waiting on a lightened crank for with stock snowmobile power valve cylinders. They have bad port timing for us, so the cases were decked to lower them a little and now need to mill the head...
But this is what that head looks like
$_1.jpg

Watcon made a girdled head for the 700-777 motors and it used factory or hotseat domes but there very hard to find also hotseat made a one piece head cover also that used factory domes or there own these do pop up once in awhile and there are others out there also just all hard to come by

Top Bottom