Custom/Hybrid PFP pipe waterbox in Havoc

Zero Client

BeerrroooOOOT!!!
SO, I have an RCW Havoc hull which I like so don't flame me, but the Power Factor Pipe chamber will not rotate 'up' enough to reach anywhere near the PFP waterbox - as it hits the top side of the hull under the handpole bracket, and so I need to have a custom box manufactured for this ski. I started by taking measurements and jotting notes and lines down, and after about 3 re-draws I came up with the following design for building a waterbox based on the limited space of my hull.

My issue is, I don't feel confident that this waterbox will appropriately defend against water headed toward the engine, and I of course want to avoid hydrolocking the motor, or even the motor flooding when bobbing about in the surf, or even when sitting on a beach stand with the ass end in the water a bit.

It seems to me that this design may put the box too far below the waterline.

Can I do anything within the box to baffle or help prevent the rushing flows of water toward my expensive engine?

Any comments?

Last edited:

Zero Client

BeerrroooOOOT!!!
40172e513518a11abdd19f77073e34a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reciently moved the pf top middle water bung about an inch to let the pipe rise more. Not sure if that could help get a little more height

Zero Client

BeerrroooOOOT!!!
I wish it was that easy. A huge potion of the chamber is touching a large area of my cf hull it's like 1mm clearance and if I move the pipe any way it no longer lines up w the manifold correctly. I'm stuck

Zero Client

BeerrroooOOOT!!!
Last edited:

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
RCW and others cut the bottom off every waterbox they had. Works fine. Much louder though. Keeps box dry which is a plus. Hit up the new or old Havoc builders and im sure they will give more details. Watch leaving the ski floating as the pfp needs to be up above bond line to keep water out.

If you have any water back flow issues you can use that flapper on the exhaust pipe. Doesn’t look the coolest but it works.

Top Bottom