Custom/Hybrid Predator Talk

i read you had some fitting issues on the pump, ride plate and scoop grate area.
is that because of your aftermarket pump or is it because some minor factory imperfections of the hull?

Pump fit fine. I have an SBT wear ring that had tabs welded to better fit my q8 that I had to make some minor changes to. If running a stock steering nozzle you need to shorten the arm the cable connects to (quick steer mod-move cable pivot closer to nozzle) or it will rub the ride plate. I'm not running trim, can't comment on if it clears without modification. My intake grate is the worx 242 designed for the rickters, not the krash hull. The scoop is wider and fits the pump tunnel like a glove so it's a popular choice, took 15 minutes to fit with a die grinder and dremel. These mods were a result of aftermarket parts designed for other boats, not factory craftmanship (with the exception of the quick steer mod on the steering nozzle, which most do anyway if not using trim).

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Finally got my Predator in the water last weekend. I want to thank @JetManiac and @Yami-Rider for their help getting this ski water-ready! This is my first a/m hull and the ride is unbelievable amazing. I couldn't do much due cooling issues and breaking my toe. I just need to make a few adjustments and let my toe heals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 93

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Finally got my Predator in the water last weekend. I want to thank @JetManiac and @Yami-Rider for their help getting this ski water-ready! This is my first a/m hull and the ride is unbelievable amazing. I couldn't do much due cooling issues and breaking my toe. I just need to make a few adjustments and let my toe heals.

Glad to hear you finally got it on the water!

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Does anyone get sprayed in the face badly when going fast? Every time I try to chase boats, I get sprayed in the face horribly enough that I couldn't see anything at all and had to slow down.

Does anyone get sprayed in the face badly when going fast? Every time I try to chase boats, I get sprayed in the face horribly enough that I couldn't see anything at all and had to slow down.
On flatwater with the predator I do get sprayed in the face pretty bad. In the surf it doesn't bother me at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has any one had problems where the tray area joins the engine bay self destructing two of my freinds have had this problem and im worried that mine will too.both have had large cracks where the join is and then the tray becomes water logged

x2mafia

Maximum effort
Has any one had problems where the tray area joins the engine bay self destructing two of my freinds have had this problem and im worried that mine will too.both have had large cracks where the join is and then the tray becomes water logged

@Aussie mick You should post pictures of where it happens so we can keep an eye out. Mine is fully torn down right now I'd like to look into it.

Resized_20161209_144606.jpeg the main problem with this ski was we're the tray joins the firewall the other predator well it was not joined properly from the factory and he's had all sorts of problems getting warrenty.i spouse it like everything you get what you pay for . it's a pitty because they are a great hull just lack a bit of quality control . as a aussie id like to see krash do well and think sometimes if he could fix some of the issues krash skis have his company would be extremely successful

Last edited:
Yes under the front foot part the other hull was pressure tested and pretty much leak everwhere around the tray joins . yes all of our hulls where built in Thailand .

Hey just wondering if anyone has put a TNT V2/3 pipe in a Predator?
If so can you please put up some pics. want to see the fit and what tank I might need. Cheers.

x2mafia

Maximum effort
TNT v2 fits good. You have to trim your pole breather tubes down a bit so they don't stick down to far.

Top Bottom