Custom/Hybrid Rickter storage

hey guys, I'm thinking about storage options on a rickter xfs. I'm not looking for crazy amounts of storage but i would like a place to keep a cell phone a tow rope and my boating license. I was thinking of building a small waterproof container in the adjustable area in front of the foothold has anyone done this or does anyone have other ways they store stuff while riding? I know im only out for 20 minutes or so on an xfs but my no wake zone gets me out of site of the boat ramp. thanks for your help
jeff

hey guys, I'm thinking about storage options on a rickter xfs. I'm not looking for crazy amounts of storage but i would like a place to keep a cell phone a tow rope and my boating license. I was thinking of building a small waterproof container in the adjustable area in front of the foothold has anyone done this or does anyone have other ways they store stuff while riding? I know im only out for 20 minutes or so on an xfs but my no wake zone gets me out of site of the boat ramp. thanks for your help
jeff

I bought a fully transparent dry box similar to the one below. I used the 2 openings on the side to put webbing through it and strap it to the top of the handlepole's chin pad. You want to strap it so the top can be opened still. I was afraid that I would accidentally dislodge the clip that keeps it shut so I furnished a piece of flat bungee cord that wraps around the entire thing. I also put a lanyard to something solid on the handlepole just in case something failed. Redundancies everywhere because I worry about everything. It takes a few seconds to move the bungee to the side and access my phone, keys, and boating license. I used this all last season in the surf without a problem. Make sure you keep the seal clean and you shouldn't have a problem.

I zip tied the tow rope to my adjustable footholds so I can access it by breaking the zip ties.

pelican-1060-indigo_2048x.png

Big Kahuna

Administrator
make a copy of your license. Stick it to the gas tank strap. rig up a way to velcro the towstrap to front foothold area or to strap of your vest. Leave your phone in your vehicle.

make a copy of your license. Stick it to the gas tank strap. rig up a way to velcro the towstrap to front foothold area or to strap of your vest. Leave your phone in your vehicle.
I don't plan to ride surf with my XFS but I got into a bad situation not having a phone while riding large surf. I do plan to ride alone so the phone will be coming with me!

I bought a fully transparent dry box similar to the one below. I used the 2 openings on the side to put webbing through it and strap it to the top of the handlepole's chin pad. You want to strap it so the top can be opened still. I was afraid that I would accidentally dislodge the clip that keeps it shut so I furnished a piece of flat bungee cord that wraps around the entire thing. I also put a lanyard to something solid on the handlepole just in case something failed. Redundancies everywhere because I worry about everything. It takes a few seconds to move the bungee to the side and access my phone, keys, and boating license. I used this all last season in the surf without a problem. Make sure you keep the seal clean and you shouldn't have a problem.

I zip tied the tow rope to my adjustable footholds so I can access it by breaking the zip ties.

pelican-1060-indigo_2048x.png
can you send me a picture of how you zip tie your tow rope?

Riding alone is a really really really bad idea. I did it once. Will never again. No possible way I would think to call someone on your phone. Unless you some how made it to shore.

Riding alone is a really really really bad idea. I did it once. Will never again. No possible way I would think to call someone on your phone. Unless you somehow made it to shore.
yeah, I figured that was coming from someone. so I would love to ride with someone I even have extra skis for them to ride! problem is my only free days to ride are Mondays and most people work Mondays I know that's a piss poor excuse but it is flatwater riding

can you send me a picture of how you zip tie your tow rope?

I don't have a picture of the tow rope, but I have a picture of the storage box (blue ski up front). I'll try to remember to take a picture. I have the BOB adjustable footholds so I was able to put small zip ties through the mounting slots and tie it up front.

EDIT: Fixed photo rotation

Attachments

• IMG_4347 rotate (2).jpg
    IMG_4347 rotate (2).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom