Ride to Catalina Anyone?

SuperJetGirl

I rather quit then sit!
Hey, I wanted to see if anyone was interested in riding to Catalina... starting from somewhere in the South Bay (Marina del Rey, Redondo Beach, etc.)? Thought it would be cool to get a group together and have an approx. 33 mile adventure (66 roundtrip :))

I'm not sure of all the logistics involved or whats needed (besides a boat to hold gas and probably a beacon+), but just wanted to throw out the idea if anyone was interested OR if anyone has done it before? I am open to ideas, suggestions and dates. Let's ride!

turboracer

I knew that was important
Never heard of anyone doing it on a stand up. It would be a test of endurance that's for sure. There can be some pretty big chop out in the channel. That being said, I know I would try it with a group and a boat big enough to haul me and my junk out if I couldn't make it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
I know of a guy who did it on his 550sx. I think either a small boat or couches that had a gas container in case

SuperJetGirl

I rather quit then sit!
Nice!!! My first two victims ;) lol, I kid, I kid!

Let's wait for more people to hopefully chime in so we can get a good group together and hopefully someone knows someone who knows someone who has a boat for gas :)

CRJ

Hibernating
Cant say ive ridden the ocean chop, but cross lake trips on the SJ are awesome. lots of refuels though i imagine.

Sounds like fun, My first ever jetski event was an 11 hr drive to Lake Cumberland , Kentucky. It was a 90 mile poker run which I did on the kawi 650.
I remeber Lloyd Burlew and Josh Lustic doing a freestyle show, it was the first time I saw freestyle
When I googled the event , it also said that Gary Burtka, Jeffrey Dawson and Glenn Powell were there to put on the show.
I think it was back in 2002, will have to check the shirt when I get home. lol

Just some history lol

http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/topic/4107-jet-ski-poker-run/
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.jetski/pi7JAs27gJk

Also crossed Lake Ontario in 95 31 miles each way and arrived in Toronto the day they had an air show and a british plane crashed as we arrived killing the 7 crew members

I would be in for sure ,if I was closer
Have fun ,play safe

Last edited:
I have been thinking about doing this for awhile also, i live near the channel islands and every calm day i think, man i could ride across there. great idea i will follow this more and see if i can scrounge up a superjet for the ride, my rickter would be out of the question for the long haul.......im down!!!!!

refueling in the open ocean is not an easy task. and riding 25 miles in a straight line doesnt sound like my cup of tea. why not just go ride colorado rivers... if your gonna put your stand up in salt water you better be schwackin lips

SuperJetGirl

I rather quit then sit!
refueling in the open ocean is not an easy task. and riding 25 miles in a straight line doesnt sound like my cup of tea. why not just go ride colorado rivers... if your gonna put your stand up in salt water you better be schwackin lips
No one said it would be easy, it's all part of the challenge. No idea what "schwackin lips" means... But I'm currently looking for thumbs down button, oh here it is

Top Bottom