Roo- It really is ALL good A+++++

I'm new to the sport and the X (first full season riding). Bought a 2015 Super Jet did plenty of mods and was getting bored. Started doing some research on boats/setups and sellers and both brought me to Roo (Andrew Burry) who had a XScream DVX for sale. I put down my deposit and we made some arrangements everything went down as smooth as one could ask. Roo was more than accommodating in making some adjustments per my request and most importantly was willing to help me in riding the machine (obviously a world apart from a Super Jet). Boat was everything as described and I have been having a blast- 2nd weekend was able to nose in several flips and just having a blast. Also thanks to Bobby Clouse, Evan Krefski and Justin Sylvain for some pointers and encouragement- the first time I rode it I wasn't sure if I could even ride the beast!

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Thanks for the kind words man - greatly appreciated.

Glad you could come out and enjoy the day out here with the Lake Orion crew. I was sad to see the ski go, but good to know it went to a good home. Looking forward to seeing what you do on it during these remaining months of summer! The flips and spins will come just keep practicing.

Look forward to riding with ya next season.

@clouse22 @Justin_Sylvain @EvanKrefski

I got to ride the beast last weekend. Jumped on it and on my second attempt landed a nice clean flip! I am a surf guy/ex racer. I have ridden a few flat water skis and this is my favorite by far. The hull really feels predictable and stable. Only thing I found tough is getting on it without doing a total wheelie! My knees are banged up from that.
I loved how fast it rotates on flips. When I do surf flips on my freak, the landings about destroy me. This was so soft and smooth.

Austin, was SO close to riding a couple of them away. His form is perfect on his flips(from what I know). I bet he will land them before the week is over.

I want to figure out how to do flat spins. They are harder than they look. I can roll and flip, but can't do a dang flat spin.......

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I got to ride the beast last weekend. Jumped on it and on my second attempt landed a nice clean flip! I am a surf guy/ex racer. I have ridden a few flat water skis and this is my favorite by far. The hull really feels predictable and stable. Only thing I found tough is getting on it without doing a total wheelie! My knees are banged up from that.
I loved how fast it rotates on flips. When I do surf flips on my freak, the landings about destroy me. This was so soft and smooth.

Austin, was SO close to riding a couple of them away. His form is perfect on his flips(from what I know). I bet he will land them before the week is over.

I want to figure out how to do flat spins. They are harder than they look. I can roll and flip, but can't do a dang flat spin.......

The key is getting up fast and getting your weight forward on this ski. That said, this thing rides nowhere as nose high as other skis on the market.

I was in the same boat as you for awhile... I could Backflip and Barrol Roll, just couldn't wrap my head around a flat spin. I started by just doing flat jump 180 spins from idle to get the feel for it. Added a little bit more speed, and started coming past 270, etc. Then finally I worked up the courage to do it off a wake and it came around no problem into a full 360. Once I did the first few I was like "man, why didn't I go for this years ago...". Key is to look over your shoulder... NOT at the nose of the ski. If you spin left, put your chin on your left shoulder. Your body and machine will follow. I got this advice from my brotha @clouse22!

Glad you guys are enjoying the machine out there! With the weather and water temps dropping, make sure to adjust the jets in the spray bar and stinger to keep the temps up AND power up!

Top Bottom