Security surveillance camera

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I got the same email. Mine generated 3, one time use, 5% off coupons.

Last edited:

E350

Site Supporter
I am waiting for the 12mp person/vehicle detecting 16-camera 3TB NVR.
Any idea when it will be out?
Please suggest that they add a camera with license plate detection.

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I am waiting for the 12mp person/vehicle detecting 16-camera 3TB NVR.
Any idea when it will be out?
Please suggest that they add a camera with license plate detection.

They seldom let me know about upcoming releases, plus my guy has gone quiet the last couple months.
He's supposed to be keeping me in the loop on the release of the new PTZ cam.
An 8MP PTZ cam with 4 times zoom will be awesome, even better if it's 12MP though.

Do you really want all 12MP cams? They have such a narrow FOV compared to the 8MP that you will end up with less coverage overall.
I'd think the 16CH 8MP kit with 8 cams would be a perfect base and then supplement it with add on 12MP cams as needed. That would give you 8 of each.

I really need to bring one of my 12MP cams home from work and try it again now that I've worked out the resolution issue. I have one long range cam that aims down our street that would benefit from the higher resolution.

E350

Site Supporter
I am a scaredy-cat that the 16CH 8MP kit with 8 cams is not maximized to use the person/vehicle detection of the 12mp cams.
I don't know if the NVR software/build is the same between the two?

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
They only show one hardware option for the 16ch NVR's and it matches my newest unit.
I tested the 12MP unit briefly but I do not believe I checked out the Person/vehicle detection.

According to this article, it should work.

Here's another good resource I just stumbled upon that lists out all their NVR's, firmware options and compatibility.
The other cool thing it shows is that the latest NVR's can now accept 6TB HDD's.

NVR model#NVR typeHardware versionSupport IPC version/model(battery cameras are not included)Support Smart Person/Vehicle Detection or notSupport Max single HDD capacityInterface
RLN8-410POEH3MB02all 4mp/5mp IPCN4 TBold
RLN8-410-EPOEH3MB16all 4mp/5mp/8mp IPCN4 TBold
RLN8-410POEH3MB18all 4mp/5mp/8mp/12mp IPCY(need to upgrade the firmware)6TBNew UI
RLN8-410POEN2MB02all 4mp/5mp/8mp/12mp IPCY6TBNew UI
RLN8-410POEN3MB01all 4mp/5mp/8mp/12mp IPCY6TBNew UI
RLN16-410POEH3MB02all 4mp/5mp IPCN4 TBold
RLN16-410POEH3MB06all 4mp/5mp IPCN4 TBold
RLN16-410POEH3MB184mp/5mp/8mp/12mp IPCY6TBNew UI
RLN4-410POEH3MB17all 4mp/5mp/8mp IPCN4TBold
RLN4-211WWiFiH3MB13RLC-211w&RLC-210W &rlc-410W-4mp onlyN4TBold
RLN4-210WWiFiH2MB11RLC-210W &rlc-410W-4mp onlyN4TBold

E350

Site Supporter
Thank you for taking the time to post up that chart and other info.

This would be the one I am looking for then right?

RLN16-410POEH3MB184mp/5mp/8mp/12mp IPCY6TBNew UI

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
That is correct. That’s the same one I have and I believe it does everything you need.

I will say this, order from Reolink on this one to ensure you get the latest version. I’d even follow up with a phone call or email to make sure.

If you buy from Amazon, you may get old stock and an older firmware.

E350

Site Supporter
OCD I added it to my cart, but I would prefer the 8 camera package deal, but I don't see one with any cameras. Do you have a link to the package deal?
Or maybe there is not a package deal with that NVR out yet?

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Here are links to the 4K 8 Cam kits with AI.
Bullets - https://reolink.com/product/rlk16-810b8-a/
Domes - https://reolink.com/product/rlk16-820d8-a/
*I've always promoted the bullet cams over the domes for their smaller mounting footprint but I'm finding that I almost never have to clean spider webs off the domes so that fact is steering me towards the domes more than ever before.

I'll PM you the 15% off coupon code in a bit, unless I score a better discount today...

UPDATE: I just read the fine print and the coupons are only good for the account associated with the email address, so we can't share the codes. Sorry guys!

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
That was pretty cool and what a great use of the cameras.

Reolink keeps inviting me to make a post about my Turtle Island project but I can never find the time to write it up.

E350

Site Supporter
@OCD Solutions Any update? Can I assume you are still suggesting the dome camera NVR package in middle below? Do you have any idea if it will be compatible with the 12MP Person/Vehicle Dectection camera below? I have been fence sitting waiting for the 12MP camera to be released because I wonder when they release the 12MP camera, they will also release an upgraded NVR to go with it? Stupid question: Reolink uses both the "K" and "MP" to describe its cameras. How does "4K" compare to 5MP or to 12MP" in terms of definition, etc.?

1621970901198.png

1621972184559.png

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
The 12MP camera has been released and available for quite some time now, they are just always low in stock, like most of their cameras.
And it is compatible with both of the newest model NVR's so I think you would be pretty safe to purchase at this time. Given how low inventory has been, I can't see old revision equipment still sitting on any shelves.

I feel like they have released quite a few new models in the last few months rather than ensuring adequate production of existing cameras.
Either that or they have gained popularity and just can't keep up.
I've been trying to buy a replacement 822A for over a month now and see it's finally back in stock.

A new and noteworthy camera to look at is the 811A
It's a 4K, (8MP) camera with a built-in flood light and 5x optical zoom.

Here's a quick rundown on the camera resolution designations,
Technically both the 8MP and 12MP cameras are considered 4K so they use different terms to describe them.
The 12MP is a 4K camera with a resolution of 4096 x 3072 which most TV's cannot replicate yet so you end up setting the camera to 3840x2160.

Camera resolutions explained.png

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I've got this unit sitting on my desk this week. Reolink GO PT cellular based camera.
Still trying to figure out what carrier I want to activate it on.
AT&T sucks in this area, Verizon is a bit better but it's debatable if this unit will work on Verizon.

EDIT: Anyone notice $65K worth of Avigilon camera Servers and equipment in the background. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_8892.JPG
    IMG_8892.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 10

E350

Site Supporter
Thank you for your help. I am reading your review of the spotlight/siren camera now.

BTW your video on the Reolink website did not play for me.

I am impressed with the fact the Reolink keeps upgrading its product. That alone is a reason to go and stick with this company. I don't like that they are likely partly owned by the CCP, but at this point there is no alternative. I use Lenovo computers because they are the best and I started with Thinkpads when they were IBM, so it is the same issue.

Last edited:
@OCD Solutions have you used the reolink lumus cameras? They are on black friday deal, can link to Alexa( also my wife's name lol) and use the app. They appear to be wireless after all the work I went thru running poe for them. I can swap them with the bullet cams in a couple of spots and then cover the rest of my yard with the old bullets. Good bad or is there a better option?

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I have not. The Wi-Fi cams are all lower resolution so I never bother unless Reolink sends them to me to demo. Most are 1080P but the are just now starting to bring out 4MP models where POE models are up to 12P.

What feature do you like about them? The spotlight? They offer POE versions with the spotlight as well, they just don’t have night-vision as they are designed to have the spotlight on at night and use starlight lenses to capture color at night. I can’t the light being on all the time but if you think you can, I have an 8MP and a 12MP version I can send you to play with.

The new 8MP PTZ has both night vision and the spotlight that is motion activated and so far is the only POE model with both.

Thank you. I prefer the POE as I have it wired there already. The Alexa integration for my wife was a nice bonus, i recently added two ptz wifi cams inside house to keep an eye on my boys, they do ok. This one had the audio functionality and spotlight which was cool but not necessary. It was 35 dollars though and that seemed like a deal until I saw it has to have a 5v power supply. Will try and find a poe cam with similar functions.

Next question how do I find one that works with my NVR properly? I have the model number of it but is that what they consider the hardware number to be?

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
The info screen should show the hardware number.

fdb03ae55e96d3ca56455817df54cc70.jpg

I’ve played with the Alexa options but all require you to have your cameras on your local network rather than plugged directly into the NVR, this means buying a POE switch for your regular cams or an injector for each one you wish to control via Alexa. I’ve broken out a few so I can use the Timelapse feature and use an 8 port POE switch but I would much rather have them direct to the NVR.

Top Bottom