Skat service is garbage/broken trim cable

I've been using X Metal trim for 6 years. Never had a cable break like that. My problem has always been the rubber wears down to the plain steel core of the cable jacket, and then that quickly rusts so the jacket collapses when you pull the lever instead of the nozzle going up...

x2mafia

Maximum effort
Good info was getting close to ordering a 50 cal starter kit.can you post pics of the pump

I can't. Whatever issues I've had Nick is taking actions to have them fixed. But I can tell you right now I feel like bought the wrong ski. I like the way it rides..... That's it, I hate pretty much everything else about it. Should have got a tigercraft

Last edited:
I run a cats or whatever stock trim setup. I get plenty of throw and have no issues, I use a 3500mm jagwire brand bike cable, with a knarp on the end for a keep. It doesn't even pull straight but it still pulls easier than some of the thrust setups I've felt. I broke 2 cables then realized when I was trimming them they would backwind, the second time I tried soldering the end but it didn't last. So far this cable has lasted me 6 months, replacements are 10 bucks and I can do it without removing the cable housing from the ski ha maybe consider swapping to something like this? I can shoot you some pics if anyone is looking for ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just crimp the cable with a ss bolt. Kind of like how a mountain bike brake cable works. The cables are real long so you can cut back the sheathing a bit to get more cable.

air blair

you are the reason
I understand ya in both ways x2mafia, inertia. I've always had great results with thrust trim. Just order two cables right off the get go though.

Air blair cell

Top Bottom