the trivial complaints thread

Those sequioas still hold value. Bet you got 10-15K for that right? People still love them aside from lower ball joints and timing chains. They go and go forever aside from that
I got $7,000 for it. The frame had been patched (thanks Michigan) and had 210,000 on it. It was solid but definitely showing it’s age. The guy drove from 5 hours away though and bought it without even driving it. I was happy with the price, and my wife couldn’t believe it was still worth that.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Threw my back out with 8 days to go on our current startup. Still managed to get 8400 steps in and work a 12hr shift.

d71cf8e5db1b3077aca46b00d8f17bce.jpg

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
2 1/2 years since I retired/went out on disability.
Trying to get into shape for summer now
OCD: no one could do what I did either. But there they are, still in business. Health comes first.

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Disability is a whole different ballgame than me suffering through a single day of pain to get a job done.

Took truck to dealership to have a tailgate damper installed. $80 part, supposed to be $30 or so installation. Installer screwed up, and this happened. Their body shop says they can fix it, but I’m skeptical since it’s an aluminum body and that is a peaky puncture. (Aside: any wisdom or advice on talking with them about that would be welcome.)

So, what was supposed to save me time for not many bucks leaves me without the truck for about two weeks, requires a trip back to the ceramic coating applicator in the spring, and is now costing them the repair, repaint, and paying the coating applicator to redo the job that’s not even a year old.

I should have just done it myself, I guess.

F1359120-4451-4ECC-80DF-D31CBFE49C3B.jpeg

Attachments

• FDB2EC45-EB53-44E9-856A-2C04AE1CBC14.jpeg
    FDB2EC45-EB53-44E9-856A-2C04AE1CBC14.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 63

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Took truck to dealership to have a tailgate damper installed. $80 part, supposed to be $30 or so installation. Installer screwed up, and this happened. Their body shop says they can fix it, but I’m skeptical since it’s an aluminum body and that is a peaky puncture. (Aside: any wisdom or advice on talking with them about that would be welcome.)

So, what was supposed to save me time for not many bucks leaves me without the truck for about two weeks, requires a trip back to the ceramic coating applicator in the spring, and is now costing them the repair, repaint, and paying the coating applicator to redo the job that’s not even a year old.

View attachment 421994
Dealership....yikes.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher

View attachment 421994
The dent sucks… but you’re missing the REAL big issue here..
34F3E8AA-D067-49F1-8E37-D70F42C51480.jpeg
I would remedy this by getting a Chevy ASAP!!! :)

The dent sucks… but you’re missing the REAL big issue here..

I would remedy this by getting a Chevy ASAP!!! :)
Haha. As if they don’t all have negatives nowadays! 20+ mpg highway, ~12k lbs towing capacity, and it flys when you step on it. I’m content!

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Could have had a pretty good run if it wasn’t for blowing my back out for a day.

Not trivial but I went down 3 notches on my belt in the past 2 weeks. Can’t wait to step on the scale tomorrow morning.

A typical day at work is 4500 so 15-18k a day for a couple weeks is usually worth 8-10lbs and some sore knees.

b8d23fc9987518d956dd1d458ab33f56.jpg

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Someone stole the wifes catalytic converter at her work (hospital) today.. Anyone know where to find a decent deal on a CA approved cat? Or if the non ca approved ones will still pass CA smog? only 80$.. Assuming the tech does not crawl under and check it. :)

Someone stole the wifes catalytic converter at her work (hospital) today.. Anyone know where to find a decent deal on a CA approved cat? Or if the non ca approved ones will still pass CA smog? only 80$.. Assuming the tech does not crawl under and check it. :)
Well dang, that sucks… I hate it!!!!

Sorry man…. Well on the smog, In case your not aware, if you pick up a Tamper designation on your next smog test, then the car goes off biennial inspections, has to be fixed, then tested again in 12 months instead of every other year..

Our local off the wall, non chain muffler shop was cheap pre pandemic.. think the last one I got was $165 installed.. pre pandemic mind you..

Not sure if I’d replace mine if it happens, might just straight pipe the section for awhile…dunno

Edit: I have a couple used later model cats and another earlier model if want to toss something in.. pipe size, 02 placement and overall size.. might not be worth doing though

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Plan to call pick n pull today see if I can get all the other crap like the down pipe and o2 sensors from another car. Everything they hacked through and took with them is another 300$ (walker brand) not including the cost of the CAT.. Cheapest I can find on ebay is 480$.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Assembling a customers 1300r motor and he chose stinky WSM pistons and lo an behold brand new rings sticking on brand new pistons :mad:

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Just under 800$ into not including the mx chain I welded for the full length of the exhaust. The cat was 430. Rest of the crap they cut and or took with it added up as well..

*Pro tip if you weld MX chain to your exhaust make sure you don't use the oring chain..
IMG_20220525_203757471.jpg

Top Bottom