the trivial complaints thread

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Rockauto for the win! Even cheaper then amazon...

Y'all remember my wifes CAT got stolen while she was at work. I ordered a new one, and found out yesterday I bought the wrong CA approved one. So car passes everything smog related except the visual for not having the right tag on it. :( Trying to find a place online that will make me a new emissions sticker for my car that matches the tag. The CAT I need to pass smog cost 1500$! The car is only worth maybe 3k. 2004 honda accord.. :(
replaced the cats on my Burb, the Cali approved ones were like twice the price. Just a 5.3 chevy exhaust.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
replaced the cats on my Burb, the Cali approved ones were like twice the price. Just a 5.3 chevy exhaust.
Only twice?! Sad thing is the only difference is the CalCarb stamp..
That cat you bought was allowed at the time, due to parts shortage, but now Honda has them back in stock so DCA BAR canceled the temporary allowance. We get screwed by the thief and the state.
Harbor your the man! After reading your reply i did more research and called the state smog number. Turns out since I bought mine in 2022 and have a receipt I might be able to get an exception. So have an appointment with the CA smog Referee... And hopefully get an exemption. Also looking at getting the wife a used 2017/18 v6 toyota highlander..

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter

Harbor your the man! After reading your reply i did more research and called the state smog number. Turns out since I bought mine in 2022 and have a receipt I might be able to get an exception. So have an appointment with the CA smog Referee... And hopefully get an exemption. Also looking at getting the wife a used 2017/18 v6 toyota highlander..
CA Smog Referee. LOL! That;s California in a nutshell right there.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !

CA Smog Referee. LOL! That;s California in a nutshell right there.
Smog police would be more appropriate

Car salesman at my work just told me $$$ things are changing. All the people they sold cars to for 10,15, or 20k over the MSRP price during the pandemic are now trying to trade in with negatively amortized loans, he can’t make any money LMFAO!

Ya think… what comes around goes around

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Car salesman at my work just told me $$$ things are changing. All the people they sold cars to for 10,15, or 20k over the MSRP price during the pandemic are now trying to trade in with negatively amortized loans, he can’t make any money LMFAO!

Ya think… what comes around goes around

The writing was on the wall for that one! I called it the day it started.

I can see the difference in Jetski side work and parts sales already. This is going to be a tighter year than any we’ve had in the last 10. Toys are the first thing to go. Then expensive car payments, then houses.

2008 all over again

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

I can see the difference in Jetski side work and parts sales already. This is going to be a tighter year than any we’ve had in the last 10. Toys are the first thing to go. Then expensive car payments, then houses.

2008 all over again
Hey msnbc and cnn are telling me the economy is doing great!

WFO Speedracer

2008 all over again
Depends on where you are at I suppose , business is booming so far this year , even local business which I have never gotten since I moved back down here is way up.

WFO Speedracer

One customer has brought me a Yamaha golf cart , a John Deere riding mower , a Cub Cadet zero turn, a Kawasaki KLF250 and a Jeep , that's so far lol .
I finished the golf cart, waiting on a belt for the mower a carb o-ring for the Cub Cadet and I haven't started on the KLF250 and the Jeep yet.

A quick question regarding the car thing and driving in general, but has everyone noticed that traffic lights have gone backwards in time to the timer system again? Is it just a north of the border thing or are you guys seeing this down there too? I thought the idea was to reduce emissions and yet everyday I have to stop at an intersection that has no traffic coming from green lit sides. It seems like this has been happening over the last 10 years that they're slowly going backwards causing more wasted time and fuel sitting at an empty intersection idling, then gassing up only to stop at the next empty intersection and do it all again. Where I live there are a couple of rather major one way streets that have about 15 intersections to minor side streets and unless someone pulled up and triggered the sensor, the lights always stayed green. Now, I can't count how many times I have had to stop at every light to wait for all the invisible traffic to go through. It's like this has been done intentionally to irritate drivers to push them onto public transit. My city did say the quiet part out loud once and said that very thing but not about the lights, they started adding these little outcroppings of curbs to bottleneck traffic all over the place and said it was to frustrate drivers so they would stop driving and start using public transit. Of course they also said they were going to be the green capital of Canada but then they added medians to deny access to suburbs forcing people to drive an extra 4 miles to get home. My neighborhood is one of them. I used to be able to make a quick left in one spot and be home within 20 seconds after that left. Now I have to go through a traffic light intersection, a 3 way stop and add about about another 6 minutes of drive time to get home. Their version of going green sure seems backwards to me :confused:

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
One customer has brought me a Yamaha golf cart , a John Deere riding mower , a Cub Cadet zero turn, a Kawasaki KLF250 and a Jeep , that's so far lol .
I finished the golf cart, waiting on a belt for the mower a carb o-ring for the Cub Cadet and I haven't started on the KLF250 and the Jeep yet.
That dude does ZERO maintenance on any of his toys.

WFO Speedracer

I will expand on that a bit , I pick up these neglected , broken , non running skis for at most a couple hundred bucks with a trailer , sometimes it's a lot less , sometimes they just drop them off for free , then I do the opposite of parting out skis , I put them back together and resell them, I do the same with Motorcycles and ATVs.

Because I can do everything from motor building , upholstery and paint in house and I have a ton of parts skis I can usually do it relatively cheaply . sometimes you hit a home run but at the worst it still pays better than general service and repair work , it also increases my customer base and I have found that like doing this type of work a lot more than I like doing customer service work and repairs.

At the end of the day I am now the customer until the ski. ATV or motorcycle sells , until that point I own it and I ride it.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I will expand on that a bit , I pick up these neglected , broken , non running skis for at most a couple hundred bucks with a trailer , sometimes it's a lot less , sometimes they just drop them off for free , then I do the opposite of parting out skis , I put them back together and resell them, I do the same with Motorcycles and ATVs.

Because I can do everything from motor building , upholstery and paint in house and I have a ton of parts skis I can usually do it relatively cheaply . sometimes you hit a home run but at the worst it still pays better than general service and repair work , it also increases my customer base and I have found that like doing this type of work a lot more than I like doing customer service work and repairs.

At the end of the day I am now the customer until the ski. ATV or motorcycle sells , until that point I own it and I ride it.

I do the same, but part out 1/3, fix 1/3, and do repairs for locals for the other 1/3.

WFO Speedracer

I mostly do Seadoos, people ask why , one main reason is the hulls are fiberglass - gelcoat , no matter how far gone you think the gelcoat is I can usually bring it back to something reasonably nice and shiny, painted boats like Kawis and Yamahas once that paint is roached it's repaint time , painting a ski is not a cheap or easy process and it's time consuming , the goal on sales boats is get in and get out as cheap as you can while maintaining a decent level of quality and reliability .

I always tell people if they want a new ski to go buy a new ski , if you want a good , decent used ski come see me.

Top Bottom