TNT v2 free ride production pipe

Yeah, I just wanted to see if anyone who might have this system is running a limited 701 power plant w dual 38's.

I just cannot get this dialed in it seems. Re jetted, set popoff a few times, went off tims specs and a few other really knowledgable guys. If anyone out there is running a similar setup, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on page 13. 80 low 130 high

I saw that, thank again.

I've changed to 140/80 1.5 N&S 80g Spring. My popoff I want to remember being around 30-35 psi.

It ran decent, but not what it's capable off. It was lean after getting a few plug readings. 2 turns out on my lows, 1 and almost a half on the highs.

I was told to get rid of the 1.5 N&S and 80 for a 2.0 N&S and 95g Spring.

I changed my main jets to a 142.5 and stuck with the 80 pilot. My popoff is now around 23/25 ish.

With that being said I did not get good enough test without having other issues ex. Clog in the spray bar which lead to a blown coupler. That's where I stand as of now!

*I'm no tuner or genius, just doing a lot of trial and error*

Last edited:

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
I know for a fact a lot have noticed power gains going from a tnt box to any other waterbox, including one of my good riding buddies. I have yet to try a new box.
PHP said that the tnt box is fine for freeride and lake cruising, but the bottom end throttle response isn't ideal for freestyle. I don't know if this is the case for all motors but I know it to be true for PHP and TPE motors. My buddy went to an ATP box on his TPE 4mil and instantly noticed it ran cleaner off the bottom.
Soon to find out if it makes a difference on my 701..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know for a fact a lot have noticed power gains going from a tnt box to any other waterbox, including one of my good riding buddies. I have yet to try a new box.
PHP said that the tnt box is fine for freeride and lake cruising, but the bottom end throttle response isn't ideal for freestyle. I don't know if this is the case for all motors but I know it to be true for PHP and TPE motors. My buddy went to an ATP box on his TPE 4mil and instantly noticed it ran cleaner off the bottom.
Soon to find out if it makes a difference on my 701..

I've been reading a lot about the Waterbox issue. I'm strictly a surf guy, nothing else. Ive taken it to people to try to get it right and I'm not taking anything away from these guys....they ran well, but I just knew it wasn't all there, preferably on the bottom.

With that being said I've spoke with Just4fun and he guided me in the right direction in prop pitch. I just put the new prop in 6/14...previously a 9/15 (way to steep).

I should have left the 140/80 jetting w the prop change to test back to back , however I changed the jetting completely with prop before testing :(

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
This thread is the reason I am scared to swap to a laydown down pipe. I know there is more power to gain but it isn't worth the cost of constantly tuning. It is just too much of an unknown what works for each set up. After watching that recent video of the guy with a 1200 stock electronics and a b pipe getting mad air and laying down a good run,I think I will wait until everyone figures this thing out.

I wouldn't be put off if you're looking to buy this pipe. I've had great results with little tuning.

When you switch there will be some tuning involved. Once it's dialed in you shouldn't have to change unless something else changes.

Remember your water pressure is completely different if you run restrictors for winter and then remove. For me I don't have to change jetting but my jetworks wasn't opening due to the reduced pressure.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Why sell them when there is a money back guarantee from the manufacturer?

A local riding buddy had a brand new waterbox he wanted to do this with.

He talked to TNT, and they wouldn't honor the claim / Buy Back statement. Very disappointing.

Instead they offered to modify the box and experiment... no thanks. He sold it on the forum.

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
I just texted Tim, and he said he would take back and give a refund for his tnt waterbox or swap it out for a new one they've released if we found it didn't make as much power..

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
A local riding buddy had a brand new waterbox he wanted to do this with.

He talked to TNT, and they wouldn't honor the claim / Buy Back statement. Very disappointing.

Instead they offered to modify the box and experiment... no thanks. He sold it on the forum.
Roo, I offered to refund or modify.
One of your guys sent me back a new box and th package was damaged and can't read who it came from.
There no note inside so I can't refund as I don't know who to refund.
As for sending any of our product back all you need is your purchase dealer to contact us and we will arrange the return and refund.
But you can't expect the manufacture to refund direct to customer without the purchase dealer involved.

Got my new v3 polished up
1f065c2e91d14b65ba059e34f341815b.jpg

I wouldn't be put off if you're looking to buy this pipe. I've had great results with little tuning.

When you switch there will be some tuning involved. Once it's dialed in you shouldn't have to change unless something else changes.

Remember your water pressure is completely different if you run restrictors for winter and then remove. For me I don't have to change jetting but my jetworks wasn't opening due to the reduced pressure.

Same here, every DASA (900cc, 918, 1100, several 1200's) we have installed the TNT system (V2 and V3) has shown a considerable improvement over the PFP. I know @mike b installed a V3 on his TPE 1105 and @Todd grochowski on his TPE 1021, not sure if they compared to a PFP yet, maybe they can chime in? Also, the XS motors (900RR and 1400) showed improvement when going with the TNT over the PFP.

@INDebtSJ What engine setup would you be installing a lay-down pipe on? If it's not a PHP pumped to the gills with compression and timing, I"m willing to bet you would see improvement! If you didn't, you could just send it back!

Top Bottom