Other Virus Nonsense

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
Genuinely curious, what do y'all feel has obstructed your freedom over the last few years/decades?

Secondly, what has trump done to protect your freedoms?

I'll be the first to admit I am left leaning but I am asking from a place of genuine interest, not a gotcha or anything.

In regards to the media being the issue, to me its pretty simple, of you look for a liberal source or conservative source, you are getting news that is pre filtered through someone else's opinion/views rather than being a relaying of the facts.

We should be trying to get our news from fact based journalism/reporting rather than finding a source that agrees with our worldview. I think all of us can agree that the same event can be spun different ways once you add an opinion to it whereas of you just talk about the event its usually much more clear cut.

Sean

E350

Site Supporter
smokey LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!

I don't get to talk to anybody about stuff like this in California because I am right of Attila the Hun and everyone else in California is left of Lenin.

So, I want to be free to update this post but for purposes of intelligent discussion and so I can understand different points of view, here goes:

Judges. A 3-justice panel on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals just upheld the trial court's overturn of California's 10 round magazine limitation as violating the Second Amendment.
The Ninth Circuit is still predominantly filled with Democrat appointees, but Trump is making it better with more Constitutionalist judicial appointees, meaning more likely to uphold the Constitution. (How about if the courts said you have a Constitutional right of free speech under the First Amendment, but you can only use 10 anti-government words in a single conversation. Would that be upholding the First Amendment to you?)

Right to Life. I am a Christian. I believe abortion is wrong. At least I shouldn't have to pay for it through my taxes. Trump has refused to spend tax dollars supporting research with aborted people body parts. Hopefully we can defund Planned Parenthood which merely takes tax money and recycles it to the Democrat Party. (Also, the fact that I am adopted but could have been aborted makes this issue personal for me.)

Deregulation. Tax cuts. Bringing jobs back to America. America First!

The Wall. I believe that only a certain number of people can comfortably fit in the U.S. I don't want the RINO/Demo open borders. And I want our immigration system to select the best and the brightest applicants to emigrate here. Not the current uneducated class which depresses the wages of our uneducated class and makes us taxpayers subsidize them with welfare because the immigrants work harder because they appreciate the precious gift that living in America is.

Fight Evil in our Time = CHINA. After the 1960's free love hippy movement, the Church had to compete for members, so it went all lovey-dovey, over- emphasizing the love aspects of Jesus. But Jesus did not come here to unite us but to divide us by challenging us to stand up to evil -- or no -- your freedom of choice:

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division."

Luke 12:51, King James Version (but all the versions of the Bible say the same thing)

"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the perverse mouth, do I hate."

Proverbs 8:13, King James Version

"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."

Romans 12:9, King James 2000 Version

Even most Christians don't get it when I tell them "I am a hater for Christ."

California is a one party state. The Democrats kill 3 Million black babies a year across the nation through funding Planned Parenthood. The LA Teacher's Union wants to prevent charter schools from opening to educate our kids. They have made it illegal to work for yourself as an Uber driver or as a school tutor. Now Uber will leave the state and those drivers will be deprived of the freedom to make a living driving in California. The Democrats are also for the minimum wage which economists Milton Friedman, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams have all said has caused a phenomenal increase in unemployment among young, inexperienced black men. Please stop the minimum wage so that all inexperienced people can get their foot on the first wrung of employment! To vote Democrat is to vote against Freedom.

To vote Democrat is to vote for slavery. The Republican Party was formed to end slavery in the U.S. Lincoln died because he ended it. Later, Bull Conor, George Wallace, Strom Thurmond (KuKluxKlan leader and Biden's mentor), Margaret Sanger the eugenisist founder of Planned Parenthood were all Democrats). Watch Larry Elder's movie UncleTom at uncletom.com and learn this and also learn that the parties never switched places. President LBJ was overheard saying that once the welfare act was passed (i.e., "The War on Poverty") that "Those N'ers will vote Democrat forever." These were all evil Democrats and their well-meaning followers.

BTW, FREEDOM is the Gift from God in Genesis. Freedom to choose, freedom to work, freedom to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" (that is where jet skiing and this jet ski forum come in). Unfortunately, Eve and Adam exercised their freedom poorly by eating the apple of knowledge. Oh well at least we are redeemed by the death of Christ who died a horrible death as did his apostles because duh, they actually personally saw what He did and thus so believed in Him that they were willing to suffer death telling the world about Him. Think about that one.

BTW, on your current build on pwdtoday, what CAD program did you use to draw your electrical base plate template?

Last edited:
Just take a look at chicago, LA AND NYC. all liberal cities. All horrible places to live.

Guns, free speech, and the morals that are the fabric of this country are all things the radical left wants to take away.

NOTE: If I have to explain how those three things are under attack then we can't have this discussion. You either need to read up on current events in other countries and ours, or you have something in your brain that blocks out statements you don't agree with. (Cognitive consistency)...

I also don't believe conservatives are the saviors of the world. My best friend is gay and I cannot put up with homophobic people, a lot of which seem to be right leaning. Environmentally, they are a disaster. Both sides are stupid as heck in my opinion.

The problem is most democrats that are new are proving themselves radical. It doesn't stop there... the older and virtue signaling left politicians are moving that way to appease younger voters and the old, stubborn democrat voters think it's the same party it was 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
smokey LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!

I don't get to talk to anybody about stuff like this in California because I am right of Attila the Hun and everyone else in California is left of Lenin.

So, I want to be free to update this post but for purposes of intelligent discussion and so I can understand different points of view, here goes:

Judges. A 3-justice panel on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals just upheld the trial court's overturn of California's 10 round magazine limitation as violating the Second Amendment.
The Ninth Circuit is still predominantly filled with Democrat appointees, but it is getting better, meaning more likely to uphold the Constitution. (How about if the courts said you have a Constitutional right of free speech under the First Amendment, but you can only use 10 anti-government words in a single conversation. Would that be upholding the First Amendment to you?)

Right to Life. I am a Christian. I believe abortion is wrong. At least I shouldn't have to pay for it through my taxes. Trump has refused to spend tax dollars supporting research with aborted people body parts. Hopefully we can defund Planned Parenthood which merely takes tax money and recycles it to the Democrat Party. (Also, the fact that I am adopted but could have been aborted makes this issue personal for me.)

Deregulation. Tax cuts. Bringing jobs back to America.

The Wall. I believe that only a certain number of people can comfortably fit in the U.S. I don't want the RINO/Demo open borders. And I want our immigration system to select the best and the brightest applicants to emigrate here. Not the current uneducated class which depresses the wages of our uneducated class and makes us taxpayers subsidize them with welfare because the immigrants work harder because they appreciate the precious gift that living in America is.

Fight Evil in our Time = CHINA. After the 1960's free love hippy movement, the Church had to compete for members, so it went all lovey-dovey, over- emphasizing the love aspects of Jesus. But Jesus did not come here to unite us but to divide us by challenging us to stand up to evil -- or no -- your freedom of choice:

BTW, on your current build on pwdtoday, what CAD program did you use to draw your electrical base plate template?

I used Autodesk Inventor, fusion 360 is the free net based version iirc.

Open and civil discourse is the foundation for building relationships and making the world a better place, we could all use a reminder of that from time to time. Everyone has different life experiences which inform our opinions, that's life. Context is critical to understanding why a person believes what they believe.

That being said, lets stirr up a can of worms...

Most of this is from memory so I may be off on some specifics of it;

Statistically the assault weapons ban and high capacity mag ban during the Clinton administration didn't do much for crime rates, when they expired there was not a significant change in gun deaths. I don't have any issue with firearms. I do have an issue with mass shootings (as we all should) but there isn't really a good way to prevent them without taking steps to address the underlying issue which is a person wanting to do harm to others. If someone is willing to dehumanize a person to the point where they are willing to take another person's life, they are also not going to care about breaking a law to get what they need to do it. If someone wants a gun, they can get one (legally or illegally) plain and simple. I don't have an answer for the problem.

The 2A question had been addressed by the supreme court previously so it shouldn't be surprising that it was overturned. The supreme court relies on the founders documents and past precedent to rule. For the most part, they should not be overturning prior decisions.

As far as Planned parenthood goes, I fully respect your perspective on it. That being said, the US is not a morally/religiously/culturally homogeneous country, (hence the separation of church and state being baked into the govt) given this, I consider certain things to be purely civil (legal) matters. In my wife and I's case, neither of us have ever considered abortion to be an option for us in the 11 years we have been together. We are trying for a kiddo now and have been through 2 miscarriages in the process which is rough in its own right. I personally can't imagine intentionally terminating a pregnancy in my situation. In the case of rape, I think its a more complex question. In the end, allowing for choice does not FORCE anyone to have an abortion.

That being said, I don't hold my beliefs/feelings on the matter above another person's right to make that choice for themselves. I intend to raise my children to value life. A part of that is accepting responsibility for your actions, I.E. if you knock someone up, you need to take ownership of the consequences and take care of the life you created. My step-dad adopted and is rasing his grandchild since his daughter was not able/willing to. My views on abortion are purely a legal argument against imposing my will on someone else.

We also have evidence that supports the idea of making something illegal just forces it underground, prohibition for instance. Pre Roe-V-Wade, people were still getting illegal abortions. Making it illegal doesn't address the root of the problem. In this case, the piss poor state of sex-ed, poor access to contraceptives, and probably parent's not having difficult conversations with their kids. Yes, morally this may not be in line with what individuals believe is correct but there are numbers to back that up.

Abortion aside, Planned parenthood also offers access to reduced cost/free health screenings in low income areas, cutting funding hurts them since its a blanket funding cut rather than cutting the part that people have issue with.

Regarding immigration;

I am biased on this subject (In favor of) Immigration reform. My wife moved to the US from Mexico when she was a kid. Her parents at the time were not considered skilled labor. Since moving here, her mom became a elementary school bilingual teacher and her dad has started his own business. My wife is currently a special education teacher and works with low income/at risk kids. They effectively brought nothing with themselves and in the time they have been here, they raised themselves out of poverty and lived out the American dream. All 3 of their kids are college graduates and have made a life for themselves in the US.

The legal immigration process they went though took more than 15 years and cost thousands of dollars before they were granted permanent residence. After we got married, its taken another almost 6 years for the paperwork for my wife to be approved for her citizenship.

One thing that I think is not common knowledge, is that entering the United States without permission is a misdemeanor offense. Roughly on par with a speeding ticket... If it is as big of a threat to the US as it is made out to be, don't you think it should be treated as one?

Do I think that the US needs to let everyone in no questions asked? No, that's idiotic.

Should we be reforming the immigration system? Yes, 100%.

Should we turn away people who are less fortunate than we are or are fleeing danger, persecution, famine, war, or are just looking to a better life? Nope.

As far as immigrants hurting the job market or causing social issues due to taking jobs away. That is pretty much the opposite of my experience. I work in a competitive engineering field and my company has taken on the additional expense of paying for visas for non-us employees because there is a shortage of qualified applicants. It costs more for us to hire them so why would we spend excess money without reason?

In the case of legal immigration, (h1b or other visas) immigrants are given a tax id or ss number so they end up paying taxes into the US. Even in the case of undocumented immigration (which I am not arguing in favor of) they are still spending money in the US which means local businesses are getting revenue, sales tax is being paid, and work is getting done. All that is a net plus for the economy.

As far as the California stuff, I can't comment because I am not informed about it (you know, living in Texas does that lol)

I live a pretty good life, I have my needs met, I live in a safe neighborhood with people from all walks of life, and I get to enjoy my hobbies with people I like. Not everyone else has that opportunity but everyone should be able to get there one day.

None of that is to say I am RIGHT about this stuff, just how/why I have the opinion I do.

Sean

E350

Site Supporter
I have just prayed for you and your wife to conceive.
You will make a great father.

I don't want abortion made illegal.
I want taxpayers not to fund it.

And I would prefer that the individual make the abortion decision. Which I believe means carrying the child through to birth so that he or she can decide.

What are your thoughts of U.S. Politicians being bought and paid for by China? See post #431 above.

Do you think that we should put our navy, air and marines in harms way to prevent China from invading Taiwan, then holding an immediate election, and reporting that 95% of the Taiwanese are completely fine with the invasion and "reunification" since, I mean, "We are all Chinese"? (This is what Putin did after he invaded the Ukrane region called Crimea.)

For inquiring minds, listen to Dark Secret Place i.e., war veteran Bryan Suits at 8pm to 11pm on KFIA in LA on Saturday nights, or its podcast on iTunes.

There are 30,000 Chinese spies in California. We let them study and work at our University research facilities. BYD is a CCP owned California company which overlooks 29 Palms and gives campaign contributions to Gavin Newsome. Gavin Newsome just "bought" 2 billion dollars worth of masks and PPE from China with California taxpayer money. Nancy Pelosi's other nephew was part of the investment company with John Kerry's son and Joe Biden's son Hunter who got a BILLION DOLLARS from the CCP. The head of the California Public Employee Retirement System is a "former" Chinese National who took a six year time off to go back to China and work for the Bank of China which is run like everything in China by the CCP. He is now back in California investing PERS money in Chinese companies which are owned in whole or in part by the People's Liberation Army. So, California is funding our nation's number one enemy. Read that again. The current head of Interpol was a Chinese-Frenchman. He went back to China for a "visit" and his wife has not heard from him for over a year. There is a minister of parliament in New Zealand who not only is a spy but was a teacher of spies for China.

If anyone wants me to cite my authority for the above, I will post it up, but I have to get other stuff done right now.

Last edited:

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
I am going to take a slight detour for a second;

I can give a specific example of a failing of congress/the senate that has nearly universal appeal: Net Neutrality

Overwhelmingly supported by the public, had a huge petition for congress to support legislation but lobbyists/corporations "encouraged" our representatives to vote against it. The canned responses from my rep made me want to barf.

Despite being "beholden to the interest of their constituents" our representatives sell out their constituents for shockingly small amounts of money.

Whether it is foreign money, corporate money, or other leverage, that needs to stop. Congress is not in Washington to line their pockets, they are there to act as a representative of the people who are in their district (including the people who voted against them).

As far as China, HK, and Taiwan goes, something needs to be done but I don't have an answer for it.

Speaking as a historian for a minute, the US does not have a great track record when it comes to involvement in other countries govts; Nicaragua, Venezuela, Iran, Afghanistan, Afghanistan again, Iraq, Colombia are all examples of places that the US messed with in the 70s-2000's. I am not trying to argue as a blanket statement that we didn't have justification to act, just that the results were not what they could/should have been.

With China, they were pretty much been given free reign over that chunk of the world in the hope that capitalism would win over their authoritarian rule (Special Economic Zones around the time of Nixon). That didn't happen. The US moved to exporting manufacturing which in turn crippled the domestic manufacturing capacity we had. The desire to maximize profit. It wasn't China that forced the US to do anything, big corporations willingly sold out the American worker to make more money. At the same time, wages didn't increase which meant that the consumer wasn't willing or able to pay for the more expensive American made goods.

With all the extra economic activity running through the Chinese economy, they have been able to exert extra influence in Africa, southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe, basically bribing countries to deal with them rather than anyone else.

I can't comment on the financial/espionage ties to the govt, I am just not informed on it. If true, its bad news. It also wouldn't surprise me. The Chinese Embassy in Houston cleared out and torched their documents a month or so ago.

I wrote my thesis on the cold war, Russia is very much shifting towards a cold war pattern of securing its borders and attempting to expand its influence (you mentioned Crimea). Putin is ex-kgb and has been moving to consolidate power since he took office, we should be worried about this. The fact that we have not moved to secure the nuclear arms treaties that lapsed/were violated is worrying. There have been several radiological releases traced to Russia from weapons testing accidents or reactor leaks in eastern Europe in the last 2 years.

The US really needs to get its act together and stop pushing our allies away, like it or not, we live in a global world where economies are dependent on everyone else and we have to rely on others to achieve our goals.

This started out as a Virus thread lol

Sean

E350

Site Supporter
Personally I think this thread is great. But maybe since it is a crisis political year BK should create a Politics thread and move these posts there.

I think your thoughtful ideas are worth posting somewhere here. We get each other because we all ski. And there is something joyful about pulling into to the launch ramp and there are Mexicans, Vietnamese, Blacks and women in full-blown hijabs riding sit downs.

In a Valley of more than a million earth people. We are all water people. We share the water bond.

So I like talking with you guys (and gals).

I know this is from 1 Giant Leap, but what movie was it used in? Step into Liquid?

I am the sum total of my ancestors
I carry their DNA
We are representatives of a long line of people
And we cart them around everywhere
This long line of people
That goes back to the beginning of time
And when we meet - they meet other lines of people
And we say: bring together the lines of me

I never want to shame
The blood in my veins and bring pain
To my sweet grandfather's face
In his resting place
I make haste to learn and not waste
Everything my forefathers earned in tears
For my culture

My culture is George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and the U.S. Constitution.

A Nation that showed the World that its People can regulate themselves without a King or a Czar or a Führer or an Emperor or a Dynasty.

That threw off the reigns of a European tyrant and then rescued Europe twice from Tyrants.

I say: Now back off China, or it's your turn.

Edit: The song "My Culture" is played in the movie "Blue Horizon" where Andy Irons father talks about Andy as coming from a long line of watermen. It along with "Step into Liquid" are IMHO the best wave movies of all time:

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Genuinely curious, what do y'all feel has obstructed your freedom over the last few years/decades?

Secondly, what has trump done to protect your freedoms?

I'll be the first to admit I am left leaning but I am asking from a place of genuine interest, not a gotcha or anything.

In regards to the media being the issue, to me its pretty simple, of you look for a liberal source or conservative source, you are getting news that is pre filtered through someone else's opinion/views rather than being a relaying of the facts.

We should be trying to get our news from fact based journalism/reporting rather than finding a source that agrees with our worldview. I think all of us can agree that the same event can be spun different ways once you add an opinion to it whereas of you just talk about the event its usually much more clear cut.

Sean

Another fun one is google/youtube will purposely delete and/or not list news articles and facts of things in your search that do not fit the "left". For instance under google search for anything "bad" that kamala said about biden during the debates. Or under images search for "White couples" Then do the same search with duckduckgo.com

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
Another fun one is google/youtube will purposely delete and/or not list news articles and facts of things in your search that do not fit the "left". For instance under google search for anything "bad" that kamala said about biden during the debates. Or under images search for "White couples" Then do the same search with duckduckgo.com
I can't say I have experienced that but I also have been using duckduckgo for a while just because of the privacy policies they have vs google.

Sean

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Just take a look at chicago, LA AND NYC. all liberal cities. All horrible places to live.
If you are basing the quality of life in those places on them being liberal you obviously have already made up your mind but consider the fact that these areas are also the three most populated in our country. Population density definitely has an effect on how the stress of our current situation propagates. It would also lead one to believe that maybe it is not such a horrible place to live if your world view and opinion may be different than your own.

NYC has been going down hill fast since deBlasio took office back 2013
Now with him defunding the police it is a total mess
Everyone I know who lived there has moved back on NJ in past few years
All his & Cuomo covid19 laws are a joke.

If you are basing the quality of life in those places on them being liberal you obviously have already made up your mind but consider the fact that these areas are also the three most populated in our country. Population density definitely has an effect on how the stress of our current situation propagates. It would also lead one to believe that maybe it is not such a horrible place to live if your world view and opinion may be different than your own.
See reply above.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

E350

Site Supporter

Please, Brother, watch this two minute video:

I have made up my mind. Due to the dangerous "quality of life," I don't want to live in any city controlled by Democrats. Do you? Tell us which one and I will pm Noah_g and we will start a kickstarter fund to pay your moving expenses from Palm Coast Florida to the Democrat-controlled city of your choice.

When you vote Democrat, you vote for women to marry the government, for men to move out of the homes, for their children to be raised without a working father in the home, for children to be raised by gangs in the street and for homicide to be the number one cause of death for young black men.

Do you really want to perpetuate that? Do you really want to personally participate in that by voting Democrat?

Please watch the video and respond. I know you are a good guy. I need to understand what causes people to vote for the undeniable bad "quality of life in those places..."

Help me understand Brother. I am not attacking you. I just want to understand.

Last edited:

E350

Site Supporter
Wow, yamanube I never saw that coming! I couldn't have found that photo if I tried. I expected an reasoned adult response about why it is good for America to vote Democrat. But, I guess your response is in line with this women who spoke for all Democrats at the 2020 Democrat Convention last night:

The Democratic National Convention on Tuesday featured a panelist who identifies as: “J Mai (they/them) is a Black-Vietnamese, transgender nonbinary/gender transcendent mermaid Queen-King currently living out their ever-evolving truths in Winston-Salem, NC. A recently licensed minister in the Progressive National Baptist Church, J received their Bachelors in Sociology and Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies at Wake Forest University and is currently working towards a Masters in Divinity at Wake Forest University School of Divinity.”

J. Mai siad the following:

“Why can’t folks imagine a world without the cops? Why can’t folks imagine a world without prisons? Why can’t people expand their imaginations to include community care, to include an abolitionist future?” the self-avowed “mermaid Queen-King” said.

J Mai stressed that she was talking about real abolition, not a watered-down version.

“We’re talking about abolishing the police, we’re talking about abolishing ICE, we’re talking about abolishing prisons,” J Mai said.

I guess the Democrat response to deteriorating cities, desperation in the black community addressed by Kim Klacik and the high black homicide rate is just kinky sex stuff.

Along with de-funding the police and closing the prisons.

You can stick with your kinky stuff and vote Democrat.

I will vote Republican. Try my best to follow Christ and traditional American moral values.

Top Bottom