Custom/Hybrid Vision talk...

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Ok, I figure I may as well joint all the others and start our own Vision owners thread.
I have now officially retired Whitney (my 9 year old first hull) and installed all of her guts into my -4 yellow vision .
the motor is a WCF freestyle ported 701 with b-pipe+MSD enhanser, stock old ass gas tank, single novi 48 , stock pump with 10/16 hooker with no trim. I took it out saturday for the first time with this set up and could not believe how incredible the motor felt in this hull vs the other one. Night and day difference as it almost felt like it was a 850+cc motor!

the hull literally will turn on its own axis if you pin it and crank the bars!
Barrel rolls were so easy to do plate to plate and Power 360's were such a breeze :Banane09:
I then was even able to do some buoy shredding without any hesitation or funny business.
I'm pretty confident it will also FW BF with the right rider

can't wait for some surf

here's a couple pics of my set up!
braap!

Attachments

• DSC01469.jpg
    DSC01469.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 597
  • DSC01468.JPG
    DSC01468.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC01470.JPG
    DSC01470.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC01471.JPG
    DSC01471.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC01472.JPG
    DSC01472.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 516

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
Ok, I figure I may as well joint all the others and start our own Vision owners thread.
I have now officially retired Whitney (my 9 year old first hull) and installed all of her guts into my -4 yellow vision .
the motor is a WCF freestyle ported 701 with b-pipe+MSD enhanser, stock old ass gas tank, single novi 48 , stock pump with 10/16 hooker with no trim. I took it out saturday for the first time with this set up and could not believe how incredible the motor felt in this hull vs the other one. Night and day difference as it almost felt like it was a 850+cc motor!

the hull literally will turn on its own axis if you pin it and crank the bars!
Barrel rolls were so easy to do plate to plate and Power 360's were such a breeze :Banane09:
I then was even able to do some buoy shredding without any hesitation or funny business.
I'm pretty confident it will also FW BF with the right rider

can't wait for some surf

here's a couple pics of my set up!
braap!

Where did the 1000cc go?

It made my little motor feel the same way. Now I am thinking about getting more even though I havent got used to the power increase now.

Going to the lake this weekend and apply the swag you sent. The water should be warmer and I hope to start trying some BFs. I might have to do a couple of shots of vodka to calm my nerves:).

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Where did the 1000cc go?

It made my little motor feel the same way. Now I am thinking about getting more even though I havent got used to the power increase now.

Going to the lake this weekend and apply the swag you sent. The water should be warmer and I hope to start trying some BFs. I might have to do a couple of shots of vodka to calm my nerves:).

I sold it along with everything else in it.
I'm really glad I got to keep this hull for me :)...I actually enjoy having a less power for all of the old school tricks

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I sold it along with everything else in it.
I'm really glad I got to keep this hull for me :)...I actually enjoy having a less power for all of the old school tricks

l'm probably one of the few people that think putting a milder motor in a a/m hull is fine.l agree with you on less power (at times).Seems like that unless you are running a -20 hull running a 1200cc motor that your set up sucks!

Props to you Steve!

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hey Steve, do you offer different lenght ??

yes, right I offer a standard lenght and a -4.
The standard lenght is better for surf only and the -4 for all around flatwater and/or surf as well .
It all depends on what your looking for in a hull.

flipside

Bridges
Steve is your yellow vision straight carbon? I'm still piecing mine together. Mainly shining up all the parts from my SJ so it looks half way decent inside this purty vision :) IMG_0001.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
l'm probably one of the few people that think putting a milder motor in a a/m hull is fine.l agree with you on less power (at times).Seems like that unless you are running a -20 hull running a 1200cc motor that your set up sucks!

Props to you Steve!

I agree. Cannot ride these spoons with 1000cc motors.

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
Flipside, get that thing together! I want to come ride with the junkies since I missed the freeride.
Will be my second time in the surf.

flipside

Bridges
Thanks Trubski! Sadly no beast motor is going in just a 61x with a unknown port job..

Indebt just lemme know when you wanna come visit. We are entering our flat lake atlantic months though... Might need to wait till hurricane season :arms:

Last edited:
Top Bottom