What is best waterbox for WaveBlaster with B pipe??

I hear the stock waterbox is pretty good. I think the performance gain from most aftermarket waterboxes would be barely noticeable, but they would be louder.

squiggy_bum

Blasters, Broads, and Beers
True that jp, I’ve never noticed a performance gain with an a/m water box, stock water box, or no water box. I’d say ditch the stock water box just to save some weight and not deal with it possibly bursting

True that jp, I’ve never noticed a performance gain with an a/m water box, stock water box, or no water box. I’d say ditch the stock water box just to save some weight and not deal with it possibly bursting

Good point! The stock waterbox is heavier and if your ski backfires one too many times, it'll crack it, or even blow it apart. The stock waterbox on my first 'Blaster that I bought looked like someone put a grenade in it. The seller said, "you could just fiberglass it back together". Haha, ummmmm no.

Jetmaniac, but like they said don't expect a performance gain by replacing the waterbox.

Mike W

Infidel
The problem with the stock B1 waterbox is they explode when/if you have a backfire. The TDR boxes are loud and the fit is not the best. The JM box is about 1/4 smaller than the stock waterbox so it gives you a little more room in you engine bay. It sounds awesome as well. Riva and Factory pipe boxes are also very good but very hard to find. Personally, I would go with the JM box.

You can and will most likely loose performance running without a waterbox. Your engine needs back pressure for better acceleration and especially in higher rpms. Not to mention an annoyingly loud ski.

Plus 1 on the jetmaniac box. I run one in my superjet. Great fitment and great tone, louder than stock but not obnoxious and is easy to clear out water at the end of the day.

squiggy_bum

Blasters, Broads, and Beers
You can and will most likely loose performance running without a waterbox. Your engine needs back pressure for better acceleration and especially in higher rpms. Not to mention an annoyingly loud ski.

Plus 1 on the jetmaniac box. I run one in my superjet. Great fitment and great tone, louder than stock but not obnoxious and is easy to clear out water at the end of the day.
I’ve never felt any performance decrease riding a blaster without a water box versus a stock or a/m water box

What does that mean exactly

I feel like he is referencing the increased the noise of the exhaust. I've ridden some blasters with A/M waterboxes and its not too bad when your riding but annoying to have someone buzzing around all day by the dock. That said I've been around some blasters without waterboxes and its almost unbearable to be near. Sounds beautiful but only in short doses lol.

I run water boxes in all my ski’s mainly for the sound of the 2 stroke motors but it is better looking and lighter for sure .It creates a little more room under the hood but you can modify. Stock box to sound similar and probably produce more in the gains dept.What I have been using that definitely gets some low cost improvement is a water restrictor from jet works.quick and easy install and I see some low end improvement.nothing major but every bit helps

Good point! The stock waterbox is heavier and if your ski backfires one too many times, it'll crack it, or even blow it apart. The stock waterbox on my first 'Blaster that I bought looked like someone put a grenade in it. The seller said, "you could just fiberglass it back together". Haha, ummmmm no.
Actually licorice yes fiberglass it back together, open up your baffles while its apart. get some good exhaust flow, ignore the weight saving, its a blaster

Top Bottom