Why Didn't I do This Earlier!

chixwithtrix

Addicted
My husband and I used to ride mountain bikes about 6 years ago almost every weekend. But after multiple surgeries we got away from it. Just recently got back into MTBs after renewed interest in fun healthy living and holy hell, I wish I had ridden a full suspension bike years ago!

We picked up a few 27.5 Fox suspension Giant Stance 1s. Great bike for the price. I rode my Airborne (Huffy based brand I think?) hardtail and the full suspension bike back to back on some rooty, fairly flat trails last weekend. The full suspension bike is like cheating! So much more efficient and less fatiguing. Can't wait to take it to this park for the first time to see how it handles non-trails https://www.texplexpark.com/

20180108_182058.jpg

20180114_125536.jpg

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Haha I had the same epiphany about a year ago. 5 years or so ago I picked up a 99’ Gary Fisher hardtail off craigslist for a couple hundred. It was a great bike for its time. I rode it hard for 3-4 years until it wasn’t worth repairing any more. A year ago I sucked it up and bought an entry level stumpjumper that’s a full suspension 29’er and holey poop its so much better. I just cant explain how such a simple machine can evolve and how much of a difference it made. Ridings actually fun again. Now I cant demo a nicer bike b/c I cant afford to actually want it.

Like most things, you get what you pay for

chixwithtrix

Addicted
The Anthem is pretty bitchin, but for an entry full suspension the Stance has more than either my husband and I need. Plus got a couple hundred knocked off the Stance 1 I preordered. Hope it comes in soon, my hardtail makes me so tired!

Ducky

Back in the game!
Haha I had the same epiphany about a year ago. 5 years or so ago I picked up a 99’ Gary Fisher hardtail off craigslist for a couple hundred. It was a great bike for its time. I rode it hard for 3-4 years until it wasn’t worth repairing any more. A year ago I sucked it up and bought an entry level stumpjumper that’s a full suspension 29’er and holey poop its so much better. I just cant explain how such a simple machine can evolve and how much of a difference it made. Ridings actually fun again. Now I cant demo a nicer bike b/c I cant afford to actually want it.

Like most things, you get what you pay for

Lets ride!

Reactions: DAG

Ducky

Back in the game!
Im rocking a Kona Honzo AL/DL and for a hardtail, it rips up the trails. But I'll probably build or buy a full suspension bike this year.....because im pretty sure I decided not to build another jetski anytime soon.

Top Bottom