08 SJ - some Carbon and RRP

dave787

Couches are boring
Started off like this -

picture.php

First I did Rickter foot holds -

picture.php

picture.php

Screwed/Glassed/Turfed the footholds in.

Then a B-pipe Mod - forgot to take a pic once I had it in..

picture.php

UMI Steering Kit - no good pics either. Can see it and the finished turf job here though - V-force II reeds now too

picture.php

And Here's the new shipment - Feels like Christmas in July

picture.php

Wamilton's carbon hood kit, RRP Pole, Carbon chin pad, Pre-08 Steering cable.

picture.php

** Need a girlded head kit if anyone is has one to sell. Want 37cc domes.

Last edited:

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Merry Christmas! I vote for the 35cc Domes too, that should be 180-185 psi still pump gas. Stock your 08' should be around 170 psi @ least that what mine was. 38cc would about the same as stock.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
The raised compression on the 2008+ SJ's is due to the thinner head gasket. When running an aftermarket head your numbers should be just like everyone else.... I got right around 185psi with my Riva head w/35cc domes; still pump safe.

dave787

Couches are boring
The raised compression on the 2008+ SJ's is due to the thinner head gasket. When running an aftermarket head your numbers should be just like everyone else.... I got right around 185psi with my Riva head w/35cc domes; still pump safe.

Might do that. I'm thinkin it might detonate at 185 psi because up in the mountains where I usually ride the gas stations don't have the best quality gas..

dave787

Couches are boring
Got the new parts on. Can't decide on the head. Think running 37cc domes will make it last longer between rebuilds? I just ran out of money with all these parts.

dave787

Couches are boring
i vote you let me ride that ski! very clean and simple. you going to leave the carbon hood just carbon finish or going to paint?

Thanks. Come on over for a ride.. I want to leave the hood like that. We'll see how it holds up in the sun, and if it doesn't fade no reason to paint it.

Top Bottom