Super Jet 08 + superjet scoop grate opinions???

I have a 2013 superjet that is all stock I'm looking to buy a scoop grate was looking at the worx 228 I like all types of riding sometimes I just go out and carve and sometimes when Lake Erie kicks up I like to go hit waves so I'm looking for opinions on grates I don't want anything too aggressive just s good all around scoop grate thanks for the help

When it comes to intake grates I have been so stubborn not to get one because I didn't want my 08 SJ to rail, or stick to the water anymore than it already does. My last experience with a scoop grate was my old 750SX and when you let off the throttle on that thing; it would brake and throw you forward. I finally put the WR228 on my SJ and I have to say, its actually pretty nice.

If you ride in choppy conditions often then it's really going to be worth every penny, it's a huge difference from stock. The Long Island surf here it's a must because of constant on shore winds.

The grate does feel like it brakes a little when you let off the throttle, it's a small difference to get used to. Not nearly as bad as my old R&D on my 750SX. Top speed does feel different, slighter slower and especially noticeable in glass you can actually hear the grate loading the pump up.

It doesn't hook up in turns anymore than original. I was afraid it would be more difficult to slide out, but it feels unchanged. If I want to slash/slide I turn flat, body neutral and on the throttle. Throw my body into the turn and it rails like normal.

IMO if it's glass conditions where you ride consistently, there's really no benefit. For me, idk if I could go back to a stock grate since it's choppy here nearly every single time.

When it comes to intake grates I have been so stubborn not to get one because I didn't want my 08 SJ to rail, or stick to the water anymore than it already does. My last experience with a scoop grate was my old 750SX and when you let off the throttle on that thing; it would brake and throw you forward. I finally put the WR228 on my SJ and I have to say, its actually pretty nice.

If you ride in choppy conditions often then it's really going to be worth every penny, it's a huge difference from stock. The Long Island surf here it's a must because of constant on shore winds.

The grate does feel like it brakes a little when you let off the throttle, it's a small difference to get used to. Not nearly as bad as my old R&D on my 750SX. Top speed does feel different, slighter slower and especially noticeable in glass you can actually hear the grate loading the pump up.

It doesn't hook up in turns anymore than original. I was afraid it would be more difficult to slide out, but it feels unchanged. If I want to slash/slide I turn flat, body neutral and on the throttle. Throw my body into the turn and it rails like normal.

IMO if it's glass conditions where you ride consistently, there's really no benefit. For me, idk if I could go back to a stock grate since it's choppy here nearly every single time.
most of the time i ride in chop lake erie always has some kind of chop the only time i get glassy water is sometimes in the early morning and if im riding inland lakes which is not that often so i will probabaly bite thebullet and get one

Top Bottom