Blaster 1994 Blaster Upgrades

Im new to the site and new to pwc. I just bought a 94 blaster and looking to do some performance upgrades. Had it out this weekend and its fun to ride. Need more practice getting back on in deep water but im sure it will come. Its stock to the best of my knowledge. Was wondering about installing new reeds? Will this really help performance wise? Im not new to going fast. I own a couple of suzuki hayabusa's one runs mid 7's in the 1/4 mile. :mischievous: just thought this would be fun and a change of pace. What are some good basic mods? I also orderd new bars and an R&D Industries spark arrestor/air cleaner setup also. Will i need to re-jet my carb? Thanks for any help

Who is the best manufacture for the b pipe? I googled it and found a few companys but wonder who makes the best? Also what gains should I expect with the pipe? What about jetting changes with pipe? Also what about reeds? Thanks

What do you guys think about wave shreder? Talked to Bob today and he said he could make me a nice intake grate and ride plate? Anyone here used his stuff? Im really only using the blaster for fun at the lake. Thanks for any info

Anybody got any input on the JET DYNAMICS extended Ride Plate & Top loader intake grate? Found these on ebay and was curious. I havent been able to locate a groovy ride plate. Also any input on an impeller? Its a stock motor for now but will be getting a head in the future a B pipe also. But I feel like I need to keep it simple to start with. I ride in the lake mostly just cutting up with friends. Already installed new bars and grips. Next mod is gonna be oil pump removal and mixing my own fuel. Thanks agin guys

Prop - Hooker Prop all the way ..... decide what pitch you want by what you want to do with the blaster
Plate/intake - I am not sure what to use I think you have to to tell us what is your planned riding style.

Pretty much soon as you tell us what your plan is for the blaster we can tell you what to get =) Different products and makers all have there pro/cons.

Prop - Hooker Prop all the way ..... decide what pitch you want by what you want to do with the blaster
Plate/intake - I am not sure what to use I think you have to to tell us what is your planned riding style.

Pretty much soon as you tell us what your plan is for the blaster we can tell you what to get =) Different products and makers all have there pro/cons.

I like cutting corners and running wide open. Catching a little air is fun 2. Really just looking to have fun and have a good all around machine.Deffinatly want more top speed eventually. Right now when im riding it spends most of its time bouncing in and out of the water. I also like to spray my buddies as much as possible. I hope that helps

Im on a budget but i think im gonna sell it and go for a wave blaster 2. I cant get my ass back on this one in deep water without help. Im 215 lbs and it has beat me all day today. Tried the side mount a bunch today with no luck. That and the fact it wont stay planted in the water. Like today it was windy and I was being outrun by a buddy on a vxr650 because i was in and out of the water. Any ideas before I put it on craigslist? Thanks for any input.

I was 220 once riding my blaster ,,, trust me you just got to keep trying. It took me 10-12 riding days to remount. I remember the days where I never went to far from the beach.

What I did is I used a long leash, while in the water I plug in the lanyard and start the ski. I had my idle a little high so it will stay on just in idle. I then will approach from the back and left my belly on the back end. Then when I lifted my knee on the back in one complete motion go for the bars and hit the throttle. Unless you have a really got responsive blaster on the low end Side mounting can be difficult.

I would get a hooker prop 10/16
Protech wakeup kit http://www.pro-tecperformance.com/wakeupkits.htm
and shredmaster

I would be happy with this for a rec setup.

Last edited:
9/15 is all about the bottom end ..... i use a 11/17 because I race mine. But nothing beats the hooker prop for sure. 11/17 is all topend .

Alot of freestyler and surf riders use the 9/15
Rec riders 10/16
Racers who want top end 11/17

Last edited:
Top Bottom