2012 Grayland Open Heads Up

This will not be the official 2012 Grayland Open thread

I just wanted to let everyone know the dates as far ahead of time as possible and get some pre planning feedback before we start planning for 2012.
The dates will be August 18th and 19th 2012. AM Freeride, Big Air and Motosurf Racing. I have been given permission by the state parks to have a couple of the organizers camp at the event site under the permit, so we won't have to set up and tear down both days. We will be setting up on the 17th and doing a freeride that day for those that can make it. Competition will start on Sat. morning.

We are also getting ready to start looking for next year's sponsors so contact me if you have ideas or good contacts for industry sponsors as well, and we will make contact with them.
Some of the Westcoast Surf Riders will be organizing the event together this year.

Core organizers / planners will be

Harbor Dan
Cannibal ( Steve )
N2osi ( Mike )

Barry (Rasper) has graciously volunteered his services as webmaster for the grayland Open and WCSR website. We've just started it and it's kind of basic so far but we will be building it up over the winter. Most event info. will be on the website once we get it all dialed in.
I've had people in the past offer to help out so if you would like to take on a responsibility or have a certain skill or something to add that you think can help make the event better or grow the event, let me or any of the other core organizers know. This event is all about the riders and grownig the sport so all suggestions and feedback will be considered.

There are already some good things in the works that are sure to make the 2012 Grayland Open another great event! Stay tuned....

Last edited:
@Charlie, We hope you can make it next year too. let me know if I can get you any info. or help making it possible for you. You want to compete? I like the ASAP Surfride!! That's my general state of mind.

@FearMyWrX, Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.

Last edited:
I think most the info from the first post has changed.
Nope, it's accurate now.

I haven't forgotten Tanner. The lift will really help the judges and we really appreciate the support of the event. I think the PA will work great on the lift too. Stiff competition this year tan man. You better come a couple days early and get your sea legs under you.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Thanks Dan, hope I will be able to attend as my job code just got changed. Now I am a sealer on the 787 fuel tank and no longer in my mechanic training, start work on monday at the factory for a month of job shadowing. Most the 787 people are doing 60hr weeks so its unclear what that means for me right now, hopefully I can get that saturday off....

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, hope I will be able to attend as my job code just got changed. Now I am a sealer on the 787 fuel tank and no longer in my mechanic training, start work on monday at the factory for a month of job shadowing. Most the 787 people are doing 60hr weeks so its unclear what that means for me right now, hopefully I can get that saturday off....

I'm glad you're back to work but I hope it works out and you can make it.

Top Bottom