Surfriding 2012 SurfSlam Cold Fusion Ride

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Well after a solid 10 days of building these beast we finally have it ready to watertest
See you all at SurfSlam
Db

Attachments

• krash 026.jpg
    krash 026.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 254
  • krash 027.jpg
    krash 027.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 232
  • krash 016.jpg
    krash 016.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 260
Seems as almost the JB-1 is obsolete and everyone is going for the foot rocket, even for use with surf applications. Excited to see it on the beach as well.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Seems as almost the JB-1 is obsolete and everyone is going for the foot rocket, even for use with surf applications. Excited to see it on the beach as well.
There will be a couple at least..and Im bringing the Freak.

Last edited:

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Thanks Everyone, Our new tanks should be available by world finals, sooner if possible , this was a test of the mold , we now have to put the inserts in the mold and polish it, destructive testing is complete, so hope to have the mold back in the hands of the plastics house next week, I will say that since it is 1 inch narrower than a sj tank it is soooo much nicer to install and remove "had to do it at least 15 times on this build alone
we were hoping to get a really white tank however we are going with the advise of the chemist and will have Off white, Black and Red

Now For the Foot Rocket, Chris and I got it out for a maiden voyage wed ofter work for a tank, and I today for a tank as well
the set up
850 Dasa , pair of Novi 48s and a b-pipe , propulsion via a solas 144 mag
Motor
spot on and rips no matter were you are in rpm squeeze the trigger and the ski jumps out from under you , we may be a bit under propped, but this thing purrs
Handling
this ski is an absolust blast on flat water, its not a ski for a beginner ,or a girlfriend. The ski is super sensitive to body position, and input it turns best weight forward on the nose, get the weight too far back and the nose comes up and the ski falls to the side ( or you pretend you are doing freestyle tail-stands/spins form the 80s) once the nose comes up its hard to get forward momentum going again, But get your Weight set over the ski, and a pull of the throttle launches you forward in a very stable and predictable manner and the ski turns an a dime. I hate short poles but this ski absolutely needs one to function correctly.

I was a bit concerned about taking it to the surf today thinking it may be way too short and too light in the front for how I ride, In small surf, its an absolute blast,
ski is as nimble as they get, The ski rolls with no effort at all ,and although I didnt flip it as the footholds are way too big for me and it needs to leave for surfslam Tuesday, I'm certain it will flip much easier than most other skis.
Im sure Nick and Stanton Will be able to show the world what these hulls are capable of at surf slam next week
see you at the Slam
Db

Last edited:
Top Bottom