Custom/Hybrid 2014 Hurricane Fiberglass

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
After a year drooling over every hurricane hull I saw being produced by The Ski Clinic I decided to purchase one. This is my very first aftermarket hull build and am pretty excited to get it here. Any pointers/hints/what not to do is appreciated. Lol
First up my donor hull is the 90something squarenose I put together last summer
20130915_132001_zpsnvpizid8.jpg

Has a 735 JetManiac engine, #Zero lightened flywheel, v2 force reeds, factory b pipe, jetworks flowcontrol, h2o waterbox, hooker 9/15 impeller. Engine is way more than I expected when I purchased it. Love it.

20140710_175946_zps8r5rso4t.jpg

Ordered an adjustable xmetal pole and steering. Ordered some gp1200 motor mounts but I don't think they are the correct ones :(

Ordered a cold fusion midshaft spacer and internal fuel fill.
Ordered some of the Thrust Innovation low profile pissers and bilge outlet.

20140710_175923_zps5yhz9h49.jpg

20140710_175825_zpsfaxofqaq.jpg

20140710_175738_zps7negzhgq.jpg

Big thanks to Brian @THRUST Innovations for all the help so far with getting the parts.

DK Jr. at The Ski Clinic for answering my newb questions. Lol

JetManiac for the sweet engine!

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Lets see good some pics of your new hull please, as I am very interested in these and am thinking about dropping on the glass Hurricane like you did.

Congrats and nice start on your new project!

krawler98

Always wrenchin'
Oem couch mounts for the win. Jet maniac has the goods, I got almost everything from him for my Aquabot build. I've backflopped and side flopped multiple times and the couch mounts haven't budged ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I will post some pics when I get home from camping. Ive already contacted Thrust and Brian is swapping out the mounts for oem waveraider mounts. Its the standard adjustable length pole. Hopefully it will be short enough.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Here are a couple pics Dk Jr. sent me on Friday. I am not doing any kind of fancy paint job do to me probably going ape poop when it gets scratched. It will have some hurricane graphics and other misc stickers though. The pics are of it right after it was put together so it looks a little rough.
image-3_zps5uywgass.jpeg

The inserts are set up for stock gas tank, stock battery box, b pipe, and h2o waterbox
image-2_zpstkpb0mag.jpeg

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
Its the standard adjustable length pole. Hopefully it will be short enough.

You should really get the shortest pole possible. The handle poles on hurricanes need to be short in order to ride them correctly. Trust me. Look at every hurricane anyone with any actual skills rides and you'll see how short the poles are.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Guess I will have to figure something out. Ill see how much shorter I need it once the hull arrives.

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
I'm assuming you're talking about xmetal poles. Found this in another thread: Pivot-to-pivot straight line lengths of xmetal handle poles at their longest point. They start at 2” shorter than OEM:

Standard: (25” core) = 36½” this is adjustable from -2” to -5”

Medium: (23” core) = 34½” this is adjustable from -4” to -7”

Shorty/comp: (19” core) = 30½” this is adjustable from -8” to -11”

I just measured the rrp pole on my hurricane and its 30.5" pivot to pivot. And if anything I wish it was shorter. The hurricane is a competition hull and you NEED the competition pole. It's just that simple. Don't waste your time on anything else. Return or sell yours for the competition. Especially while you're still waiting on the hull.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Good information. Probably should have asked that before I bought the pole. Yes it is the xmetal. Ill measure it when I get home. Pretty sure its the standard length.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Good information. Probably should have asked that before I bought the pole. Yes it is the xmetal. Ill measure it when I get home. Pretty sure its the standard length.
I think they take trades or swaps for the core part.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I ordered the pole from Thrust since thats where I got everything else to make it easier. I emailed Brian yesterday to see what to do. Havent heard anything back yet. I will call a little later to check again.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Sent the pole back. Was told it will probably be a few weeks until a comp length is ready. Guess I will stare with a sad face at the hull. Lol

Top Bottom