Super Jet $350 '94 Superjet

Picked up this superjet from a neighbor who's had it for years, hardly ever used it but didn't want to sell until it started running bad. A $25 carb rebuild kit later and it's running great! Has a little issue that I just figured out is the start/stop switch but can't complain for $350!
I've always wanted a standup but wanted to hold out for a Superjet. Don't see too many up here in WI so I sure lucked out!

Exterior is not too bad, has some scratches here and there and the top of the hood is really bad. But the stock pads are in great condition, and it even has the stock fire extinguisher holder, nice storage for tools.

Plans are a intake grate, stock ride plate, prop, then maybe a b-pipe once I get used to the stock power.

Mods already done: bilge pump, quick-steer mod, straight-bars (in progress) w/ ODI grips, BMX finger throttle, hood-straps, primer kit and re-upholstered the stock chinpad with vinyl.

Here are some pics:
Before, sitting in the back of the dealer
IMGP0712.JPG
You could eat off this engine!
IMGP0715.JPG
Ouch, time for a roundnose pole maybe :D?
IMGP0721.JPG
After cleaning w/ cleaner wax, re-upholstering the chin-pad w/ $8 worth of vinyl
IMGP0760.JPG
IMGP0764.JPG
IMGP0762.JPG
Found a crack in the hood and warp, nothing a bilge pump can't fix!
IMGP0781.JPG

How do you guys like the black vinyl? Fabric store didn't have any purple to keep it retro, so black will have to do.

Attachments

• IMGP0763.JPG
    IMGP0763.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Black vinyl looks great. Did you sew the pattern yourself? Looks like a good ski, probably the best SN graphics kit there was. How do you like the brake lever throttle? Looks like a heck of a reach compared to normal trigger throttles.

Aaron

Yeah I made a pattern after pulling the stocker and had some help getting it sewed, then stapled it back on just like stock. I still have the pattern if anyone wants it.

I find that the brake lever has a little longer distance, but it's throw is perfect, needed no adjustment. It gives a little better modulation, but I think I like the stock lever better for cruising. But with the straight handlebars, and ODI grips the stocker just doesn't look right, haha.

I'm considering taking the decals off the handlepole and trying to fix the scratches in the gel coat, but it looks like a lost cause. Anyone have experience with using gel-coat cleaners? At the least I'm pulling the peeling registration stickers and getting some new ones, I'm thinking white registration letters over the stock graphics, like this:

30787_125430710801581_100000039598650_310321_3648952_n.jpg

Nice MR2 by the way, I'm building up a '90 Eagle Talon right now.

Last edited:
The white registration numbers will look good, I'd tighten up the spacing a bit and move them a little further back too. What impeller do you have? The stock SN impellers seem to come in two styles: bad (3 blade, aluminum) and worse (4 blade aluminum).

Aaron

I'll check next time I can, didn't know there were 2 styles. If it's the "better" style, is it still worth upgrading to a SS impeller? I'll hold out until I can get a good deal on a swirl/concord style impeller.

EXPERIMENTAL

PROTOTYPES WELCOMED
Any impeller with the right pitch will give you night and day results compared to your current prop. Great deal though, I've found one for $300 but mine was a '90 and I got really lucky myself. Overall great buy and great ski

Last edited:
Top Bottom