300/440/550 550 dual cooling diagrams

I'm planning on doing a dual cooling setup on my 85 550, I'm going to tap the head and probably drill the hull to run line through today, what would be the best way to run the lines to the motor and out of the motor to the pipe, I have a mariner head and kerker full pipe. If anyone had any pictures of their setups that would be great. Thanks

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
do you really need dual cooling?

Just run one 3/8th line out the side n go from there...

if you already have that, is ski getting hot? dual cooling isnt really necessary unless racing or really large motor or big HP.

I'd rather be on the safe side, my ride time got cut short last year due to allot of other things, basically a full rebuild later, im not taking any chances this year, and my pump was already set up for it

hope that this helps. This is how I ran the cooling on my ski. I am running a westcoast pipe. The 2 cooling lines come from the pump and into the exhaust manifold. the rest you should be able to make out in the pic.

ok so Im having trouble getting the pic to post. on the westcoast pipe there are 2 fittings. One is right where the pipe bolts to the manifold and is pointing towards the front of the ski. This fitting goes to the front of the head. The second fitting is right before the pipe gets wider at the expansion chamber. this fitting can either go to the stinger,... or go directly to a pisser for less water into your water box. The fitting that comes off the back of the head goes directly to a second pisser. I hope that this helps you.

Top Bottom