62T case porting

I Did a search and never really found what I was looking for. What kinda gain is to be expected from properly ported 62T cases?? I know every mod combo is diff. and the ben. from the ported cases will very with the mods done (and amount of case porting) but as an example, on a 701 with mods listed below is there that much of a power gain?? Say you have 2 of the exact same combos as below with the exception of Ported cases on one, will you notice a BIG diff?? -Thanks-

Freestyle ported 701 61x cyl
185ish psi
B pipe
dual 44 or 46mm carbs & after M. reed setup
prop, msd enhancer, etc.........

keefer

T1
I know that you will get a million opinions on this and I am sure some of the reputable engine builders can shed more light on it than me. A friend of mine has a 86mm flat top setup with a standard stroke crank and a Riva / Tim Judge ported cylinder with NO case porting. It runs like a raped ape. My 84.25 regular piston setup has mild case porting not requiring epoxy and it runs great also. I think there is a lot more power to be found in cylinder porting and the whole carb, intake, reed setup. Like the old saying goes, "There is no replacement for displacement".

Top Bottom