750 Flywheel Setup

Mr.Goodtimes

BLOWN OUT
yo dudes

After thinking about my last dilemma which resulted in a small mushroom cloud and a blown out waterbox, ive decided to trace it back to my flywheel...

Im gonna rip it out to inspect the key to see if it has been sheered...

also, the torque settings, if the wheel was not torqued on would this alter the timing?

When setting up the wheel, where should the key slot be located? i figured top dead center for no timing advancement (does this even apply to a charging flywheel?)

If this is the case i feel stooooooopid...let me know what i ABSOLUTELY NEED TO DO to ensure the timing on the flywheel setup is perfect so i am not getting the ********ty spark that i currently have.

thanks in advance.

Waternut

Customizing addict
If it's a stock flywheel then there's only one way it can go on the crankshaft and the pickup can only be mounted one way. There is no adjusting the timing at all on a stock 750 without a pickup plate or something else.

If you blew up your waterbox, chances are you just had too much fuel in the system and some of it managed to ignite in the box. Not too uncommon especially if you primed it or choked it a lot before it fired.

Top Bottom