300/440/550 750 question?

I have a westcost head on my 96 ski big pin. Should I leave that or change it? If so to what? And also where can I get a lighten flywheel and what should I look for?

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
the advantage of the lightened flywheel is that its less rotating mass. it helps the motor windup faster. if the local pwc shop has any experience with racing or other they should have a good idea how to lighten it. or you can shop around, i think there is a few shops that sell the lightened oem flywheel for a fee plus your old one. try kevin at legrag.com he should be able to help you out.. as far as the head why are you looking to get rid of it?

I am not really looking to get rid of the westcost head I was just wondering if another company made one that was a little better, cause I know westcost is just more of an average company instead of high end.

this is the head you need. heres what the web site says:

Kawasaki 750/800 Head Kit w/o Girdle
Our Non-Girdled Head has all the features of our Girdled Head without the added expense and complexities of the girdle kit. Cost effective yet high quality you can add to the reliability of your SX-R and have the option of running different compression ratios by interchanging domes. Recommended for use with the stock pipe, or Factory Wet Pipe this head is a great performer at a reasonable price.

* domes are not included

and here is the link:
http://www.tbmracing.com/products/engine.html#head_no

head is gonna cost you about $225 and the domes are almost $100 each

Attachments

• headnogirt_lg.jpg
    headnogirt_lg.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 21

Legdragger

Bringing it back
Heads really aren't a huge deal as long at you have proper squish band clearance (.35-.40)" and have the compression you want 175 max for pump gas. Kawis aren't as fragil as Yamahas but I run a girdle head anyway. I wouldn't sweat it if you already have one that is non girdled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom