300/440/550 750 X2 Questions

Hi all,

I am thinking about putting a 750 small pin motor in one of my X2s. Just wondering what parts will be usable from the 650. I know the ignitions are different, but can I use the 650 bedplate, starter and bendix? Also will the couplers match up?

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
You can have the cases machined to use the 650 elec's (lighter flywheel) and all the other stuff will fit. I used my 800 bedplate on mine.

Last edited:
i took a 92 750ss small pin 750 and had it rebuilt to factory specs with pro x pistons by RAS racing. They machined the case so the 650 electronics would work(so i could swap back in my 650). It has the stock cdk 2 40mm keihin carb and a coffmans pipe. It is all stock 750 except for the pipe and flame arrestor. converting the electronics is worth it because it makes the whole process easyer and makes going back to a 650 effortless.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I'm in the process of doing this right now. I am using a 750 bigpin sxi motor. I am getting the cases machined for 650 electronics.
*I believe the 650 bedplate is compatible, but not really 100% sure. I'm sure someone else on here can tell you yes/no.
*The intake manifold for the 750 looks very different from the 650.
*I'm dropping a brand new 44SBN single carb on the ski.
*I am using a 650 Jetinetics aluminum flywheel.
*The 650 exhaust manifold should be fine, I am using a westcoast manifold. I have read that the PJS will not work in an x2 because of clearance issues on the side.
*I am not 100% locked into a pipe yet. I might get a new SJ FP Mod pipe, or else I will use the 650 FP I have now. I will decide after I get the final price on the motor rebuild.

Also as far as I know the STARTER AND BENDIX are the same.

Let me know if you decide to go forward with it.

Last edited:
bed plates, couplers, exhaust manifolds are the same. if you go to 650 electronics you will need a 650 front cover. also make sure you take into consideration the different directions carbs pull from. i didnt realize the 750ss carb pulled from the bottom and i had to get 650sx cable to route under the carb.

650 bedplate works fine

750 intake manifold and 650 itake manifolds are different and will not work

Look into the Factory Blaster Limited pipe, i think it fits better then the SJ pipe. I found some clearence issue with the SJ pipe on the bolts for the flywheel cover. Blaster Limited pipe fits great.

Great info guys, Thanks!! If I buy the motor I am looking at, I think I will have everything I need except the intake manifold, carb and pipe. I have a blaster limited chamber, and a stock 650 exhaust manifold, so I guess I would just need a head pipe.

havent tried it yet, my motor is being built, i just test fit all the pipes. You can look for the thread in teh old school forum names "FPP blaster pipe in an X2" for some pics.

I wont be able to give an accurate description of how the blaster pipe hit since my engine has alot of other mods on that i didnt have before. So its going to be all of them working at the same time for teh first time.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Great info guys, Thanks!! If I buy the motor I am looking at, I think I will have everything I need except the intake manifold, carb and pipe. I have a blaster limited chamber, and a stock 650 exhaust manifold, so I guess I would just need a head pipe.
The stock exhaust manfold won't work with the FPP headpipe at 47mm, you will need a solid top style like the Westcoast.

Not all the 650/750 crankshaft couplers are the same. Some of the newer 750 motors have a bigger thread on the end of the crank. This is not a big deal just make sure if your using a newer motor to keep the coupler.
Steve

professor961

Selling all X2 and 650 parts - message me!
The PJS exhaust manifold will not work in a 750 X2 if you are using the Factory Pipe. The mating surface of the manifold - to - header actually sits about .375" outboard from the cylinder as opposed to a stock manifold. I never thought about this and wrestled and could not get the FPP to fit. Measured, and holy **#^!! The PJS manifold is now being machined to fit into my conversion ski..... Prof

groaty

X2 JUNKIE!!!!
i have a 750 small pin in mine with the 650 factory b pipe. the ski rips out of the whole.if you are doing the 750 swap i recommend either the factory pipe or the bigger coffamns. the smaller pipes just don't have a big enough expansion chamber

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
i have a 750 small pin in mine with the 650 factory b pipe. the ski rips out of the whole.if you are doing the 750 swap i recommend either the factory pipe or the bigger coffamns. the smaller pipes just don't have a big enough expansion chamber
Groaty, if your headpipe doesn't have the B stamped in it, its the A headpipe for the Kawi's. They are just a bit different. Mine is the "A" with an SJ chamber.

Attachments

• 107_5170.jpg
    107_5170.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 290
Top Bottom