650/X-2 88 650sx

I ordered a new fuel tank cover and hinge from watercraft superstore and can't figure out how it goes on is there more parts I need? It didn't come with pin or lock can someone please shed some light on this situation. A new lock is like 80 bucks from wcs, I can return the parts if anyone can sell me a full assembly... i really dont want to spend $80 on just a lock for this 24 year old ski, haha

Last edited:
I think you're referring to the hood latch. Ebay has them for $15 - $20.
Do you have the front metal piece on the hood and the metal arch on the handpole hinge?

My bad, I thought you were referring to the hood. The piece in your hand attaches to the underside of the fuel door. You appear to be missing the actual lock mechanism on the fuel door as well as the catch that goes inside the nose cap. I may have one laying around. I'll check this evening when I get home.

Here's a pic of what should be there:

Attachments

• 650sx fuel door.jpg
    650sx fuel door.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
My bad, I thought you were referring to the hood. The piece in your hand attaches to the underside of the fuel door. You appear to be missing the actual lock mechanism on the fuel door as well as the catch that goes inside the nose cap. I may have one laying around. I'll check this evening when I get home.

Here's a pic of what should be there:[/

I don't have any way to attach the hinge either there is nowhere to put a pin through. Think I might just return the stuff AMD buy a whole new hood off someone here or eBay. Thank you for your help maybe you have the stuff I need that would be great

I might have a second tank cover at home. I'm not sure if I still have it, but I know where to look. I'll let you know later.

I was able to find my spare tank cover. It has bolt holes through the gas door and the rear mounts aren't the greatest (that's why it's my spare), but I don't have a use for it. Here are some pics. Not sure how much it would cost to ship, but we can figure it out if you want it.
IMAG1509.jpgIMAG1510.jpgIMAG1511.jpgIMAG1512.jpgIMAG1513.jpg

I assumed you would swap out what you need. Your piece pretty much needs everything (lock, latch, & hinge). That's what I would do.

Top Bottom