89 Kawi 650SX mods?

I'm new here (as you can see from my post count) and I am also new to Standup Jetskiiing and freestyle. I just got a Kawasaki 650SX and after a few searches, I have heard some comments implying the fact that the older Kawi 650SX isn't very good. Is this true? Is this going to happen?:splatt:

Welcome to the site. The 650sx is a great ski for a beginner and/or someone who's on a limited budget. As far as freestyle goes, many here will tell you to cut your losses and fork out the dough for a superjet. I however have made a freestyle 650sx w/out spending an arm or leg. It just depends what all you want to do to the ski. Parts are a little harder to find, but if your patient, there still is a lot out there in circulation. I for one don't have the $ to spend on an sj so I made due w/ my sx and it works great.

P.S. Be prepared for the one single repeated answer to your question...buy a superjet!!:biggrin:

StrictlyStunt

BRAAAP!!!
rate now for freestyle set up im running a 89 650sx, waterdawg footholds, 750sx motor all worked up, 46mm carb, west coast exhaust, wet wolf cone, 13-17 prop, umi Zero degree bars & D cut ride plate. . . .

. . . .and i cant wait to get a superjet!

I've made due w/:
Westcoast intake and exhaust manifolds
westcoast pipe
westcoast mikuni 44
pjs waterbox(out of my 550)
milled head
footholds
roundnose pole -6 inches
pump blueprinted
solas 13-18 prop
r&d grate
op rideplate (need to get d cut)
umi steering w/ shortened turnplate and 0 degree bars
tubbies
reinforced hull
dual scuppers
engine keepers
glassed new baffle in hood
dual 500 gph bilges
I think I'm missing a few...
Pretty much all the same things you'd do to a superjet. I glassed my own nose piece on and had to make a custom pole bracket. This ski rips and I'm so used to it that I really am in no hurry to get a superjet.

Top Bottom