91 SN Intake Grate Leak???

Tuxie

Square Hipster
Ok, thought I would repair some damage I did last year, when I was putting on my new intake grate I stripped the threads on one of the holes, so being that I was lazy and wanted to just giv' er, decided to silicon the stripped hole and ride with three bolts on the intake grate. This year I took off the intake grate and found water that the front two holes, the one's closer to the engine compartment leak a bit of water, and if I blow air in one hole it will blow out the other hole. How likely is it that the water is coming from waterlogged foam in the tray?

Tuxie

Square Hipster
no one want to touch this one..... I am going to assume my tray is waterlogged like a mother#$%#$. Will take care of it next winter.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
no one want to touch this one..... I am going to assume my tray is waterlogged like a mother#$%#$. Will take care of it next winter.
It might not be that bad, the foam might be just damp and you've got some water inside around the hole. Does it feel heavier?
And I would use the 5200 for the hole instead of silicone.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Ok, thought I would repair some damage I did last year, when I was putting on my new intake grate I stripped the threads on one of the holes, so being that I was lazy and wanted to just giv' er, decided to silicon the stripped hole and ride with three bolts on the intake grate. This year I took off the intake grate and found water that the front two holes, the one's closer to the engine compartment leak a bit of water, and if I blow air in one hole it will blow out the other hole. How likely is it that the water is coming from waterlogged foam in the tray?

i could be wrong, but i thought the two front intake grate mounting bolts were only in the pump shoe, which isn't connected to any foam???? but i could be trippin'

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
all early SNs have soaked foam
unless they have been recently defoamed
in my experience

Top Bottom