93 sn sj runs but no power

like it says 93 sj sn all stock motor just has a ride plate and intake grate and impeller. brand new sbn44 carb with a 1.5 neddle and seat with a 115 high side and a 120 low side. now the boat runs and fires right up ides fine but just has no power really. compression is 160 both cylinders. not sure what this could be but definatialy lacking power please help i want to ride.

Crank bearings maybe?

could be, check to see if you hear any noise from engine/buttom end when idling.

besides this i would still think, something with carbs / fuel delivery
maybe old lines/gas/filter/
water in lines/carb/tank/engine

anyways, if you have compression+spark+fuel there should not be any problems running besides maybe a little tunning.

i think if something is not letting the engine spin, you would most likely hear some weird noises from engine or rear pump end...

Last edited:
I had a stock 90 650 ran like a champ but had significantly less power than a friends identical ski. No funny noises, no starting problems, nothing weird about it at all aside from having way less power. When I opened up the motor the bearings were super gritty and did not move freely. Then it was time for a 701 which was a good and bad thing. I'm almost back running now. I would check out every possible option especially fuel problems before ripping the motor out though. Maybe you're getting poor spark?

make sure you have fresh fuel from tank all the way to carbs, and make sure you tune your carbs according to your setup and jetting...

WHERE-THE-SEAT-AT
Dude, its a 650 Stock it wont have the power LOL, u probably rode ur buddies piped skis and u want yours like that. LOL. Riding my 650 after the sxr, makes it feel like a complete turd.

Top Bottom