Super Jet 97 super jet rebuild!

well guy i brought my first RN SJ about 3 or 4 years ago and fell involve with it did some basic mods new pole spring 0 bars bilge and some turf about 2 years ago i decided i was going to rebuild it but a lot of family issues prevented it from happening but the time has come!!! with only 2 weeks till my 18th i decided to rebuild it so i could take it away to my holiday house! it started with a complete strip down all the matting and parts came off. first thing i noticed was the crappy job the guy did on the foothold before i got it. So i ripped out the glass and roughed the surface up. re glassed them in 1000x better job then the guy before me! then it was time to figure out what i was going to do! so i went online and burn a hole in my pocket haha.
on the to do list is.
twin bilge
new water and fuel lines
Cold fusion fuel pick up
D cut the stock ride plate (CNC machined)
custom made handle pole bracket (made from a solid block of aluminium milled out and my factory)
new red and black Hydro turf in the tray and around the sides.
all bittet alloy parts (bulge fittings water bypass fuel filler and more!)
hooker impeller
twister nozzle
and much much more but will fill you in later :)

so after ordering all my parts i decided it was time for a new look! So i went down to my local spray painter and decided that it should be 2 pack 2k black!!!!!!!!!!!!
so off it went for the new coat!
i get it back tomorrow and should be getting my parts on monday!
its not a full blown rebuild but maybe some of you will be interested i will be adding pics as i go i will be setting up the camera and taking photos when ever possible :) ! i will be adding the photos tomorrow night of the painted ski.

i also decided the trailer needed a bit of TLC so pulled out the crow bar and went to town!!! the guy who made is must of got plans for a chariot not jetski trailer so i cut it all up and got some nice steel beams with carpet on it painted the axle and springs black and the frame hammered blue.

so let me know what you guys think!

cheers Rory

Last edited:
ok so i got the jetski back today and well im pretty happy with how it came up! here are some pics of whats its like now! but in 1 week it will be 1000x better haha here you go!
let me know what you think ( and yes there is a lot of dust in the air but nothing in the paint just on top so water will wash it off!

zjjokk.jpg

1zxmicl.jpg

z7b55.jpg

2q3ujcx.jpg

macbjk.jpg

21md7xz.jpg

a4vq1j.jpg

2ep4itc.jpg

10p54x1.jpg

CNC cut out the ride plate and filled in the random hole that has no use probably one of the most accurate D cut out there machines can work wonders i love having a factory to make the parts i need i will put a pic up soon of the ride plate and ordering the huge block of aluminium for the handle pole bracket tomorrow! should have it machined out by the next weekend

sorry for not putting anything new up but the last 3 days have been bus starting my new job and haven't had time to get on here so i filled in the random hole's in the ride plate and put some cheap paint on it seeing as it will get scratched off anyways i will put a pic up tomorrow for you guys

cheers Rory

Top Bottom