98 superjet has no rpms after half throttle

Off the bottom it has great power. Has a 12/17 swirl prop in great shape. But beond half throttle i have little to no more rpms and no sound diffrents our of my protec pipe. Any ideas? Next step is new sparkplug caps and id guess cdi
Any input would be great or am i jus way off and its proped to big

Im kinda having same issue, fresh water or salt the low end just boggs then cleans up ,ive tried leaning and riching mixture but it runs the same.
93 sn new motor but same electrical so gonna try msd boots tonight see if this helps!

Im only freshwater. I have chamged all electrical going out tommrow to start narrowing what the problem was

Im kinda having same issue, fresh water or salt the low end just boggs then cleans up ,ive tried leaning and riching mixture but it runs the same.
93 sn new motor but same electrical so gonna try msd boots tonight see if this helps!

When were the carbs rebuild and was an OEM Mikuni kit used?

I had this happen on a 650 and it turned out it was partially running on one cylinder and couldn't rev out in the water.
A spark plug was bad. I've never had a mechanically bad spark plug, but the ceramic looked odd (reddish) and after replacing it with a new NGK plug it ran perfect.

Never rebuilt thr ski has very low hrs taken apart an cleaned very well. Beginning to think reeds so changing them an lower gaskets with them as well as carb base gaskets. It does have a protec pipe from a couch cut an welded to fit tgats next to pull off

Top Bottom