Super Jet A few beers later...RRP Pole Refinishing

Hey ya'll, it's been awhile since my last post and it feels good to be back on the X!

Anyways.... obviously being that I live just outside of Philly it F'n cold these days and since the wifey was out doing something I decided to have a few beers. After probably the sixth one I realized how bored I was, so I decide to go out in the garage and start giving my SJ it's winter cleaning.

Last summer I purchased a RRP Pole and decided it would be cool to throw some black vinyl on them to really "murder it out". Well after my 8th beer I decided to start taking that vinyl off of the tubes. Probably not such a good idea..... I used a razor blade and kept skimming down the tubes till everything was gone.

Now I have a piss load of glue stuck to them which irritates the $hit out of me once I sobered up lol

Does anyone re-do these? I remember reading something a while back how you can trade in your stock ones, pay a few extra bucks and have them back in any color. This still going on anywhere? And also, which it add to the diameter of the tube so it would affect the fit going into the bracket?

THANKS GUYS!

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Contact Brian at Thrust Innovations, he can redo yours or send you a new set in a different color.

Acetone, gas or any cleaner with ammonia will strip that glue off fairly easy.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Contact Thrust Innovations, I'm pretty sure that's who was doing the refinishing.

Or, lay rags on them soaked in lacquer thinner for 10-15 minutes then the glue should be soft enough to wipe off.

Top Bottom