Adjusting Powervalves

I have a couple of the older cast Lamey non power valve cylinders & love em. Want to build a new power valve moter for a SXR, maybe a Superjet. I do not know anything about the power valves, how hard are they to adjust, how do you know where they should be set? Team scream has low profile that I think you change the springs? thanks, Steve C.

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
They are adjusted largely to the total setup and rider preference. More tension slows their opening and less tension speeds it up, as simple as that.

Brian

I have a couple of the older cast Lamey non power valve cylinders & love em. Want to build a new power valve moter for a SXR, maybe a Superjet. I do not know anything about the power valves, how hard are they to adjust, how do you know where they should be set? Team scream has low profile that I think you change the springs? thanks, Steve C.

Last edited:
Ok Guys, so I guess to be conservative you would start out loose (I guess loose is very safe but if to loose defeats the purpose of having power valves) & slowly tighten while all at the same time trying to feel for better bottom & mid as well as watching that you do not get to lean or hot. Is that accurate? Thanks Guys, Steve C.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
i have a question to add to this thread if you dont mind.

Can a cast Lamey that does not have that "shelf" area where the PV's go have material welded on and machined to hold a PV?

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Anything is possible, but I wouldn't do it if it were mine.

If you are looking for PV's I have a buyer for your cylinder, we could set you up with a billet PV cylinder if you like.

Brian

i have a question to add to this thread if you dont mind.

Can a cast Lamey that does not have that "shelf" area where the PV's go have material welded on and machined to hold a PV?

Top Bottom