Alum hull you say!?

Before I even clicked the link I said "I bet that's in new zealand". Quite popular here just about every major town has a shop making bad ass aluminum jet boats.

we run the rivers on jet skis too. An alloy hull wouldn't be a bad idea...

like a dream to run that fast and hard up a stream.

makes me feel like i nee a thin piece of Al up the center of my x2 and go rip it hard. how much trouble u think ill get in doing this in america?? lol

Last edited:
5x12-450lbs(bare hull) FI 4cyl. What pushing the jet boats?
Depends, some of the smaller ones are jetski based ones like this with a Kawi 15F motor and pump:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-819346531.htm

For the bigger (4 seat+) ones Lexus v8s are quite common because they are cheap, but you also see chevy 350s, LS2's, ford 302, 351, 383 etc. Also seen some supercharged buick/holden 3800's. Pretty much any motor that the owner can get their hands on. The pumps are usually by a kiwi company called Hamilton jet. `

what pump are they running on the v8 boats? ive been looking into this for the past few months. pump seems like the hardest/most expensive part to acquire.

pretty cool, how much does a bare hull weigh... think you could get him to make a pole ski or something blaster sized?

No idea man. As far as I can tell, an aluminum stand up would be a huge bitch to create with our kind of specific hull designs. And not worth it when there's badass carbon fiber hulls for much less. But I'm not an expert in any way.

I think all aluminum superjet / standup .would be like a flat bottom boat in the surf .that thing would beat the tar pizz out of u..I would say u would have to ride on a clam day with no chop at all ..plus I would all so think it would vibrate real bad as well ..I have ridden in plenty of aluminum boats and they will smack the water hard ..but it would be cool as hell if someone made a standup ...I have seen a wetbike that was all aluminum ..it was on wetbike.net ..I think the dudes name was tori

Top Bottom