Super Jet Another dual cooling question

First off I've searched around and can't find an answer, basically I just got a 04 super jet and I wanna plumb it for true dual cooling, my question is can I do this with the stock head with only one cooling line? I have the ski completely stripped so I wanna do it now and then later upgrade to an aftermarket head with dual outlets when I have the fund's. I have a limited B pipe so I'm gonna tap the manifold for another outlet and I have an electric bilge already so I'm gonna use the siphon tube and tap the pump as well. So can I do this I'll have 2 pump outlets, 2 in the manifold, 2 in the head pipe, and 1 in the head, and 1 in the expansion chamber, and then 2 pisser's?

Bobert540

Site Supporter
What is your reason for wanting to run dual cooling? With a stock head and stock compression your my going to be generating a ton of heat unless your riding in water temps above 80

For the simple fact if something gets clogged I still have cooling, and the engine's stock with just bolt on's for now and later on I hope to big bore and just wanted to plumb it while I have the pump and everything disassembled.

What i have learned from this site... if you are going to do dual cooling, do it the right way straight from the start. Dont try remaking something that already works just fine.

ie. i have a solas mag pump, ada girdled head, but my manifold only has a single inlet... so i only run single cooling. the other line off the pump for the second cooling line i have pointed out the back of the pump cavity.

dont bother running dual cooling until you have all the pieces to make it right. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

Bobert540

Site Supporter
I agree with blessedyamaha. Wait until you upgrade the head. If something gets clogged flag a buddy down or make sure you have a tow rope. Just back flush the ski after you ride to keep the lines clear. Just be cognizant of where you are riding so you aren't sucking crap up into the pump. Things happen but the more you can prevent it the less chance it will happen.

I agree with the above posts first off because I sense they are warning you of "over cooling". That being said,on my Blasters I run "dual circuit" cooling. One line to my exhaust manifold and one line to my pipe. I do this for a few reasons. I like the to be able to "adjust" my pipe temp with an inline ball valve without affecting my motor and vice versa. On the Trinity I had with a heavily ported DASA it was setup with a true 1/2" line single cooling and in the Colorado river I had to loop 2 of the head bypasses because it ran too kool. In the past I would be in 85 and 50 degree water in the same week.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
What i have learned from this site... if you are going to do dual cooling, do it the right way straight from the start. Dont try remaking something that already works just fine.

ie. i have a solas mag pump, ada girdled head, but my manifold only has a single inlet... so i only run single cooling. the other line off the pump for the second cooling line i have pointed out the back of the pump cavity.

dont bother running dual cooling until you have all the pieces to make it right. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

You need to remove the 90 degree barb fitting and cap that with a plug. you are loosing some pump efficiency leaving it open like that.

Top Bottom