another OEM flame arrestor thread (lots of questions inside)

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
hopefully this one won't turn into a debate between after market and OEM what i am looking for is info for witch ones to use!

i see lots of guys useing the single carb F/A on a dual carb setup, are you guys all running dual 44's?

I have stock dual 38's on my setup can these F/A be modifyed easily to bolt to stock 38's?

did any 701's or 650's come with a single 38? or are all stock single setups 44's?

also what ski's came with single carbs (example, what do i search for on ebay to try and hunt some down? B1's, SN SJ's??? how about the wave runner 3, did it have a single carb 701?) i think this info might be useful to clear up some FAQ's that people might have.

and one more question, is there any advantage to running the single carb F/A on a dual carb setup or is it all just looks and preferance? are the dual carb F/A just as good? if the single carb F/A cannot be easily modifyed to fit a 38 then i guess i would need to use the dual carb F/A right?

my after market K&N's are falling apart so i thought i would give OEM a shot if i can get em cheap enough.

thanks

D-Roc

I forgot!
no.
yes.
no/no..some 701's have dual 38 like yours.
slightly less water intrusion and equal flow to each carb/cylinder.
uhmm that was like three more questions.
just buy some ProK's with outerwears or get two new single flame arrestors from a dealer or just run your stock 38 intake. they all work good. IMO

Top Bottom